Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

Quote Originally Posted by lastyle View Post
    Awesome Tool, no doubt. Do you think it may be possible to add a function which creates a File containing the Geodata of a marked route ? I like to have this feature for creating a route which follows all streets of a city. Think this is quite simmilar to the route tracker, so it may be possible. Hopefully i can import this data to any routing software which would give me a datailed route which contains the streetnames then.
    I am not exactly sure what exaclty you asking to implement.
    If you give me references to open source software which has these features, perhaps I could try to look in to it...

Quote Originally Posted by GPSFan View Post
    Hi I was wondering if there's a way where I can entire an address let's say I wanna get from where I am to 1234 DENISKA AVE., TORONTO, ON CANADA can I enter that address and it will search or are we stil looking for a way around that?
    You can create a route, using windows download tool and import it in to Map This.
    map This!, itself does not have enough data to calculate routes & generate turn by turn instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxDce View Post
    Hi Mighty Duo!

a suggestion: what do you think to add a new screen to mapthis! ?

Thanks for the design suggestion.
    Post the templates for both versions the font for the digits and I'll see if i could plug it in...

Deniska, I thought I'd run this by you before I jumped in to the program since my C++ skills are only as good as a single semester of programming in university.

I'm thinking of making a 2.71 SE-C PRX that would parse and interpret the usbgps.prx output as serial input. That way I can use the sony gps in your MapThis program. I have been dying to use your program with GPS, but I never got around to buying a receiver. Now I just bought the sony version since it's a good $30 less than the PC versions. If this is successful then I could probably also do the reverse and make the PRX also accept serial input and interpret it as usbgps.prx output.

Now, as I said, my programming skills are pretty crappy, but I can't let my gps go to waste so I'm willing to install the toolchain and build the program myself if I have to. But I'm also wondering if you could pound out a program like that in a day or two? If so, it might be more expedient if you took up the task. Or if you're planning on implementing usbgps support in MapThis, I may just wait for that.

Please let me know what you think. The sooner you reply, the sooner I can decide what I'll do, be it waiting or programming or whatever.

Thanks!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    Deniska, I thought I'd run this by you before I jumped in to the program since my C++ skills are only as good as a single semester of programming in university.

I'm thinking of making a 2.71 SE-C PRX that would parse and interpret the usbgps.prx output as serial input. That way I can use the sony gps in your MapThis program. I have been dying to use your program with GPS, but I never got around to buying a receiver. Now I just bought the sony version since it's a good $30 less than the PC versions. If this is successful then I could probably also do the reverse and make the PRX also accept serial input and interpret it as usbgps.prx output.

Now, as I said, my programming skills are pretty crappy, but I can't let my gps go to waste so I'm willing to install the toolchain and build the program myself if I have to. But I'm also wondering if you could pound out a program like that in a day or two? If so, it might be more expedient if you took up the task. Or if you're planning on implementing usbgps support in MapThis, I may just wait for that.

Please let me know what you think. The sooner you reply, the sooner I can decide what I'll do, be it waiting or programming or whatever.

Thanks!
    If you want to make alot of people happy, you could try doing something like that for HEN-D Users. The program runs fine but does not get any data from the GPS.
    That would be AWESOME. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Thanks for the design suggestion.
    Post the templates for both versions the font for the digits and I'll see if i could plug it in...
    If you agree i can send you the .psd layered file. And, if you want i can try to redisign logo, splashscreen, etc... of MapThis!.

I'd like to contribute to this fantastic project.

PS
    it's possibile that the gpsf map are slower on my psp than the older, uncompressed, ones?

after you click "download the map" and you go into the preview screen with all the tiles to check/uncheck, is there a way to cancel that screen? or after if starts to downlaod. I just quit the program.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxDce View Post
    If you agree i can send you the .psd layered file. And, if you want i can try to redisign logo, splashscreen, etc... of MapThis!.

I'd like to contribute to this fantastic project.

PS
    it's possibile that the gpsf map are slower on my psp than the older, uncompressed, ones?
    Sure thing, just attach your new versions to this thread (zipped) and 'll use them .. if I like what I see..

gpsfs may be slightly slower than open directory structure on really large maps (1024x+)... it would also take longer to startup since it's reading the indexes in to memory for faster access.. but it has it's benefits...
    You can always "unzip" it and load the good old directory structure on your MS...

Quote Originally Posted by Russoxley187 View Post
    If you want to make alot of people happy, you could try doing something like that for HEN-D Users. The program runs fine but does not get any data from the GPS.
    That would be AWESOME. What do you think?
    Well, that's the idea. This should be usable in devhook as well once it's finished.

The only problem is if I have to program it alone I'll have to take a crashcourse in PSP programming before I can start. I'm hoping the nature of a GPS unit will make it easier on me. Maybe only turning it on and off and parsing the stream of data.

If it's similar to the function calls that I found for the chotto shot it should take a minimal amount of time, but again, I'm not an experienced programmer, so don't hold your breath while you wait. It could be months.

ok, let's start from the beginning.
    Here's the logo:

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information