Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all,

Just to tell you that I have asked for some info about that cable and here is the answer I had:

" The cable's price is 14.99$(USD) without shipping fee, if you wanna buy one, email to

[email protected]"

I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but I think it can be good to know...

Just another question, I have read the precedent reply and I wanted to know if I have well understood:

mapthis may be is going to work with sony gps receiver????

Merry Christmas

DCEmu Regular

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by epericho View Post
    Hi all,

Just to tell you that I have asked for some info about that cable and here is the answer I had:

" The cable's price is 14.99$(USD) without shipping fee, if you wanna buy one, email to

[email protected]"

I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but I think it can be good to know...

Just another question, I have read the precedent reply and I wanted to know if I have well understood:

mapthis may be is going to work with sony gps receiver????

Merry Christmas

I did that 3 days ago... Still no answer...
    I will let you know..

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Really good stuff..

I guess I am gonna order one of those receivers!
    Sounds good! I have been testing it a lot lately and once it connects, it works really well. It can run inside a car with no additional antenna as long as it is near a window. Despite it's size, it's decent. I hope you like it.

Here's some videos of the Japanese GPS software Maplus. I made these videos for JohnMPH so he could see some of the more complex workings of the USB GPS in action. They also show the capabilities of the GPS software here in Japan. Personally I like the routing and voice directions capabilites of Maplus, but the map details of MapThis are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by RomComZom View Post
    map this 0.4 works with 2.71se-c and 3.02oe.
    how about tx or houston tx geo-index
    I'll upload one once i get back to work on Tuesday...
    Actually, I am thinking of re-writing that geocoder code and changing the file format (hopefully to allow reverse lookup) so those index files will probably not stick for long...

in7ane, let me know when your are back - I may need your help with Tiger data processing tool for windows, since most of people did not like linux/cygwin scripts....

DCEmu Newbie

Hi can some1 please guide on how to install map this! software into my PSP which is on 3.02 OE. Thanks..

DCEmu Regular

just throw tthe two folders into the Game folder...
    easy as pie..
    I really loved how fast the cursor moved..
    is there any way to speed up ours?
    like in the config file?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, thanks for the answer. I manage to get Map This v.4 to work on my 3.02OE firmware by adjusting the settings in recovery menu under advance section.

Getting my country map was a painful with the gmdl software as it was buggy. But i managed to get the portion of my country out and test it on my PSP.

I'm still familarizing with the software before i hook myself with a GPS unit. Was wondering if Sony's PSP GPS addon unit is compatible with Custom firmware/Devhook and Map This v.4 software?

Comments:
    Map This v.4 is solid, but aesthetically poor.. =P
    gmdl software is buggy, but figurable =D

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JingYou View Post
    Hi, thanks for the answer. I manage to get Map This v.4 to work on my 3.02OE firmware by adjusting the settings in recovery menu under advance section.

Getting my country map was a painful with the gmdl software as it was buggy. But i managed to get the portion of my country out and test it on my PSP.

I'm still familarizing with the software before i hook myself with a GPS unit. Was wondering if Sony's PSP GPS addon unit is compatible with Custom firmware/Devhook and Map This v.4 software?

Comments:
    Map This v.4 is solid, but aesthetically poor.. =P
    gmdl software is buggy, but figurable =D

What?
    You have to be kidding me..
    MapThis is the $#@!...
    And as far as working with Sony's receiver, as of right now, No...
    Only time will tell though...

I have to answer the other side of your question though. The Sony USB GPS does work with 3.02 OE as well as 2.71, 2.71 SE-(All), Devhook (emulating 2.7 and up) and everything else that has the usbgps.prx file.

It seems that MapThis will support the USB GPS in the near future. Who will build the first release of it is still up in the air, but at least two people are working on it (with me assisting one of them with the device functions)

DCEmu Newbie

The sooner you can get MapThis to work with Sony's gps, the sooner you will be on Slashdot,Endagadget,HackaDay, etc!

Fun,fun,fun

Thread Information