Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

DCEmu Newbie

Olé!

DCEmu Regular

deniska, great work with the geodata, and a very nice GUI improvement.

I don’t think I’ll get the wrapped up geodata app out very quickly (I want to go through the code and see what all of it does so that I can have other sources – the Canadian one mainly). But as the TIGER data is free – it may be an idea to just create all the state files and post them? Also, if a single file for the whole of the US is created – how bad will the performance be in your opinion (it’ll take quite a while to create as well I imagine)?

For the time being, a vapourware screen: http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/...s/geodata1.png

And a quick request – could the maps and poi menus be alphabetically sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    deniska, great work with the geodata, and a very nice GUI improvement.

I don’t think I’ll get the wrapped up geodata app out very quickly (I want to go through the code and see what all of it does so that I can have other sources – the Canadian one mainly). But as the TIGER data is free – it may be an idea to just create all the state files and post them? Also, if a single file for the whole of the US is created – how bad will the performance be in your opinion (it’ll take quite a while to create as well I imagine)?

For the time being, a vapourware screen: http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/...s/geodata1.png

And a quick request – could the maps and poi menus be alphabetically sorted?
    About the large geodata files - -in my estimate, the data for entire US will take up ~600-800MB, so it may be too much for most memory sticks out there...
    Performance will degrade pretty fast with file size, especially noticable for reverse geolookup, since I'll have to go through ~45000 zipcodes (worst case scenario) and figure out the closest ones to current gps location...

If someone has a reliable webserver with ~800Mb to donate for this - then we could pre-process all US data and zip in numerous files - 1zip per county.
    You application would figure out which counties to get, by comparing map's span with county limits lookup file (which could be generated easily once all county data is processed). Once all county files are downloaded, you'll have to unzip them and re-package them with pretty simple algorithm given in compr.c (somewhat similar to gpsfs)...

is there a way to get a full map of one state without having to do it piece by piece? I've been looking for another way, but just cant figure it out. I have a 1gb mem stick so I have some room.

DCEmu Regular

deniska, the preprocessing setup sounds good - then have a torrent of the whole lot (so people who make a lot of maps can reduce the traffic load) and the individual files I'll put up on .mac (and get another 1 GB of storage and extra 15GB/month traffic to see how it goes, and 250GB/month if it ends up being popular) and have them automatically downloaded and packaged from there for individual maps.

Let me know if you can process all of them and generate the county limits lookup file. In the meantime could you give me a sample with a few county files separately and then them packaged together (running stuff under Cygwin is not my strong point).

DCEmu Newbie

Default got psp-290

hello all, my friend just came back from japan and gave me the gps for the psp as a gift. i knew it wasnt going to work but i acceped it anyway as most of us would. my question is will anyone ever make a homebrew to use it in north america or have already? any links or news would b great,thanx
    deniska is a beast btw. great app man

johnmph,psyberjock and myself are making some progress with PSP-290 API calls, so stay tuned..
    There is more info available @ ps2dev.org forums..

DCEmu Newbie

thanks man. if you need it i can b a north america beta tester. lol

DCEmu Newbie

wow thank you! your spanish rules! :thumbup: what do I have to do to install de 3.03 oe? I have the 3.03 sony's.

where do i get the canada map for map this and hooking up the slim240 is the same way as the bigger version right??

Great job!!!

Thread Information