Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

DCEmu Regular

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    but you can find a gps unit made specifically for psp (and cheaper) at your local game shop. (well if you live in Japan like I do)
    thats one of the advantages of living in japan...
    Too bad I'm not stationed there anymore.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Holux 240 cable

Is the communication cable wiring for the Holux 240 GPS the same as the 236? And is the feature and functions identical for both units? I'm looking to purchase a GPS unit to use with my PSP and Map This and trying to decide which one to purchase.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by xb0xb0y View Post
    Is the communication cable wiring for the Holux 240 GPS the same as the 236? And is the feature and functions identical for both units? I'm looking to purchase a GPS unit to use with my PSP and Map This and trying to decide which one to purchase.
    Yes. I am using 240 with original (236) cable design.
    They are virtually identical but I think 236 has a few advantage over 240. Longer battery life, user replaceable battery, external cable connector. Possibly better internal antenna since it is bigger.

But 240 is smaller, look much cooler.

Oh, I forgot one thing. 240 output voltage is lower than 236. I tried without register, but it seems(not a fact) PSP got little bit unstable, so I decided to use 1K register as with the original design. No problem so far.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DaxDce View Post
    you can find gps unit already mod for psp on internet.
    But with original Sony GPS i can play GPS enabled games. anyway mapthis for original sony gps is best solution

DCEmu Regular

maybe Deniska could make the SONY GPS work with Mapthis..
    That would help ppl with not making cables.
    I was a little scared about bricking mine, but i used no resistor and it works like a charm...
    Never have a prob....

Quote Originally Posted by Russoxley187 View Post
    BUT..........

Maybe we can crack the GPS schematics so we can use the USB Port on the PSP with our current GPS ststems.
    Then maybe deniska can make Voice commands for Map This for directions. "Like Turn right, turn Left"
    Just an idea...

Deniska, what do you think???
    This was answered a few times before, but I'll repeat since people seem to be still confused. Please correct me if I missed some new developments on this issue..

PSP (as of 2.71 FW) could not serve as USB host, and usb protocol assumes client-host communication. - ie you cannot connect two clients together...
    Holux devises use serial protocol for communication .. they just use the usb connector (very confusing...)

So far I was not able to run any of the "standard" sound libraries (madlib,mikmod,etc) together with GPS mode (kernel mode plus a couple of modules to load). perhaps someone could take a closer look at this issue - it's not on my list of high priorities for now. Sound would, in fact, require extra wireing and external speakers with current setup, since the phone plug (required to power up the comm port) "mutes" psp's internal speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by vitalik2k View Post
    But with original Sony GPS i can play GPS enabled games. anyway mapthis for original sony gps is best solution
    About the original GPS unit from Sony setup--
    I'll try to look in to this but there are two "show-stoppers" so far:
    1) I don't have the original GPS unit and not really anxtious to spend my money on one. In my opinion, "generic" GPS devices are still more versatile and better value. For example, you can still use your holux receiver with a notebook or a cellphone, in case your psp dies.

2) I am not really good at cracking new FW modules.
    So if someone shows me (read - posts working code sample) how to access data from Sony recever via the gps module, I'd gladly add this functionality to the application. There may still be questions about the data format that Sony uses (I really hope they use NMEA 0183)

But it's all not without hope...
    People offered to setup a donation thread to get me Sony's GPS device for my experiments... so we'll see how it develops. No promices though... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaxDce View Post
    ... the opening screen:

DaxDce, thanks for cool graphics. I do like the logo, opening screen, icon and the splash screen.
    I'll make sure they get in the next release...
    I'll try to play with the arrow icons to see which one works the best for me...

DCEmu Newbie

i had a little wish . thats the funktion to read out the real speed that the vehicle have

Quote Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
    i had a little wish . thats the funktion to read out the real speed that the vehicle have
    what do you mean?

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information