Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Rampant piracy" makes PSP the perfect gift in China

DCEmu Newbie

I think the reason stated ("backup") in the article is pointless.
    Every machine under the sun has pirated stuff, especially if its popular.

DCEmu Newbie

If it were not for Tekken I wouldn't have bought the PSP. Come to think of it Tekken is THE only GAME I played for hours everyday. But sometimes I play Super Mario 3 and 4 sometimes metal slug x. If it weren't for homebrew I wouldn't have played any other PSP game except for Tekken. I think i need to buy another game.

DCEmu Rookie

I find it ridiculous and quite sad that some are still saying there's no decent games on the PSP. The PSP now has a wide library of games just like any other console, some are great some are crap and plenty are just ok. Anyone who says there isn't one PSP game they would like to play either is a rabid fanboi of another console manufacturer or isn't a gamer at all.

As for piracy it's inevitable on all consoles.. i know of people with a DS who've downloaded just about every game available for it. Then theres the 360 which is quickly becoming a pirates favourite.. PS3 will follow.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by irongiant View Post
    I find it ridiculous and quite sad that some are still saying there's no decent games on the PSP.
    Yup, no respect. There are plenty of sweet games for the PSP.

The PSP itself is overpriced but the games don't suck.

DCEmu Newbie

Piracy is the ONLY option for "third-world" countries, just because game companies don't really care about countries that are not included in USA-Canada, Europe, and Japan-Asia Pacific.
    Africa and Latin America are neglected because the big manufacturers still think there is not enough people with money to be gamers (as idiot as it sounds, it is reality).
    Just to give you an example, in my country (CR) the only way to get a PS3 is to pay 1.300.000 colones, what is equivalent to $2000; the Wii costs like 300.000 colones, like $700; there is no official distribution of Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.
    So, before taking a "holier-than-thou" stance about piracy, you gotta realize that some game companies are actually supporting piracy. in an indirect way.

if a game is good i will buy it but not many games for the psp are all that good i buy the quality games mgs po\gta vcs \medal of honor \ are some but why spend your hard earned cash on a game that is going to suck so i play the back up b4 i buy it if i like it that much i will go to the store and get it if not the back up is saved and not played ever again

Quote Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
    If it were not for Tekken I wouldn't have bought the PSP. Come to think of it Tekken is THE only GAME I played for hours everyday. But sometimes I play Super Mario 3 and 4 sometimes metal slug x. If it weren't for homebrew I wouldn't have played any other PSP game except for Tekken. I think i need to buy another game.
    I'm glad someone mentioned Tekken. Not only is it a great handheld fighting game... but one of the best fighting games in general.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by daCuk View Post
    Piracy is the ONLY option for "third-world" countries, just because game companies don't really care about countries that are not included in USA-Canada, Europe, and Japan-Asia Pacific.
    Africa and Latin America are neglected because the big manufacturers still think there is not enough people with money to be gamers (as idiot as it sounds, it is reality).
    Just to give you an example, in my country (CR) the only way to get a PS3 is to pay 1.300.000 colones, what is equivalent to $2000; the Wii costs like 300.000 colones, like $700; there is no official distribution of Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.
    So, before taking a "holier-than-thou" stance about piracy, you gotta realize that some game companies are actually supporting piracy. in an indirect way.
    That is certainly an interesting objective which should be looked at more by major corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuthbert View Post
    I'm glad someone mentioned Tekken. Not only is it a great handheld fighting game... but one of the best fighting games in general.
    Yeah, Tekken: DR is one hell of game!!!

DCEmu Legend

I'd hardly consider China a third-world country...

I think its that game companies don't want to deal with a country like China because OF the rampant piracy, which then, just leads to more of it because the Chinese still need games...

I own a 'handful' of PSP games, (Wipeout, Metal Gear Ac!d, GTA:LCS, MGS:PO). I enjoyed Wipeout for a brief while, but I only bought it for the web-browser "hack" (when we didn't have one for 1.5). But the rest of the games I have enjoyed quite well, because they are from franchises that I like.

Now here also comes in the problem, I am 'afraid' of sorts to go out, shell out the dollar on a new PSP game from a franchise I have heard little of, or one that I enjoy seldomly, only to be disappointed, which is why I refrain from buying new games for the PSP regularly (last game I bought was probably 8 months ago and that was another copy of LCS for multiplayer with my other PSP).

I am also not fond of games with sub-par graphics (graphics aren't a big deal, but when $#@!ty graphics hinder playing the game, SCREW THAT) and I am thoroughly pleased that Konami made MGS:PO as well as they did, because I think that kind of bar will really push the envelope on the PSP.

Point is? There are plenty of games for the PSP out, many of which I believe are probably pretty good. But if you're like me, you don't want to gamble on that, buying a new title from a new franchise or one that you never heard of, to be disappointed.

Chinese pirating games from a portable console that they manufacture for under paid wages...

karma, i love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information