Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official PSPGPS or direct USB connection support?

Default Official PSPGPS or direct USB connection support?

hey Deniska, i know this isnt the personal way to contact you, but i was wondering if you plan to implement this threads title into your program eventually. Apparently if the Sony GPS software works there has to be some communication method. Im sure many people here (and many on qjnet that already do) would think this rocks! especially not having to mod the cable and using a mini-b to mini-b connection instead. Thanks for your time Deniska. Happy coding! And to all readers of this thread, post your opinion of the importance of this feature to you.

Quote Originally Posted by seargent007 View Post
    hey Deniska, i know this isnt the personal way to contact you, but i was wondering if you plan to implement this threads title into your program eventually. Apparently if the Sony GPS software works there has to be some communication method. Im sure many people here (and many on qjnet that already do) would think this rocks! especially not having to mod the cable and using a mini-b to mini-b connection instead. Thanks for your time Deniska. Happy coding! And to all readers of this thread, post your opinion of the importance of this feature to you.
    Once someone hack and document the GPS module routines it should be farelly easy to make it compatible with MapThis! Until now, we'll just need to wait abit....

DCEmu Newbie

I agree. I already purchased a PSP GPS because I thought it was supported. Personally I think it would be an awesome thing if it was. I understand you have already done so much in the GPS realm but if you could also include support for the PSP GPS it would greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward for future releases of MapThis!

looks like I'll be getting the Sony's GPS unit in the nearest future. Thanks to all the people's donations and research.. so hang on there.. it should not be long before we crack it ;-)

DCEmu Newbie

Default Current ongoing Sony USB GPS project..........

Hey everyone!........johnmph @ PS2DEV FORUMS has started work on the USB GPS Functions! Check out this thread: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7222

I am well aware of this development, but thanks anyway :-)

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, after reading through the entire thread, I can see you had already been there and posted some replies. Please don't take offense to my posting, was just trying to help. I am very grateful for your work on this great project!!! Is there a place on your developer site for donations to the MapThis! project?

Again, sorry for jumping the gun.

No problem at all...
    There is a donations thread in this part of the forum.
    It has all the info...
    Cheers...

DCEmu Newbie

I went today to the downtown, outside the station, and finally I could got it working. I was able to see my position on the GPS (Official GPS)
    l
    Problem is that at least in my city, is very unstable. Sometimes grabs the signal, sometimes if "wait" forever, even if i'm outside without buildings

At least, I know now is supported by latest Firmware, that is GREAT!

I hope deniska gets his GPS unit soon so he can extend it to use official GPS receiver

DCEmu Newbie

What's the progress on subject?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information