Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GameStop Retail Stores Update All Used PSPs

DCEmu Newbie

Well I know this is true because I just bought one from gamestop it had 2.6 on it and they said the upgrade to test games. So you can still luck out as long as they use 2.6 games to test. It sucks I know. But I would hurry and get now.

Quote Originally Posted by nal View Post
    Well I know this is true because I just bought one from gamestop it had 2.6 on it and they said the upgrade to test games. So you can still luck out as long as they use 2.6 games to test. It sucks I know. But I would hurry and get now.
    /\ /\ Thats makes more sense than some of the other conspiracy theories Still a damn shame though Without homebrew Id have gotten rid of my PSP ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time View Post
    THE POINT: It is highly unlikely that they would take the time to update all the psp's as they dont do $#@! in testing the machines they buy and are more than happy to sell stuff to people. Gamestop people (not the babages people that i remember) are often ****ing morons that will tell you any game is good and will do their best to rip you off and convince you that spending 10 dollars to reserve a game that you certainly will have no problems finding.
    Too true... I got them to show me a disc at one place (to check for scratches) and the only thing holding the disc together was the label on the back If they do anything Id guess it was a loooooonnngg range visual check

DCEmu Regular

I think it really just depends on who you get at the store and how you act.
    I tell you if ya go in there asking nicely and you get the right person, you can make them do anything..
    It's called Social Engineering...
    It works with most ppl, NOT all...

Well my brother just got a brand new UK Base pack and it was 2.71 non TA-082. So guess what?
    I downgraded that sumbitch.

When I got my PSP second hand from EB Games (never seen a gamestop) they told me that they upgraded them, they let me look at it but the battery was flat, I didn't know much about homebrew at the time but I knew i wanted a 1.5. When I got it home it turned out to be a 2.0 which I newbishly upgraded to 2.6.

My friend got a PSP on rent-to-buy from radio rentals (he'll be paying for it for three years) and it turned out to be excatly the same as the second hand one I got 6 months earlier!! I just used the same downgrader I already had on my laptop. Apparantly they got broken into a while ago and had all of their PSP's stolen except the display model which is what my friend got so there is still some first hand PSP's around without the new motherboard and/or latest FW's. I plan on getting a backup PSP while the old ones are still around.

That is total and utter wank. What gives those f*ckers the right to update PSP firmware?
    My mate recently got his girlfriend a PSP for christmas out of GAME , Lovely wee 2.6 effort... fully downgradable. I cant believe Gamestop are updating PSPs... unbelievable.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, why is it policy to not let people check out the used system before buying?

Cause they just wanna be a**holes

i may have to buy some psp from EB or GameStop

yeah, from expeiriance, the guys at eb games are nicer for some reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information