Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does sony have left before we hack all the firmware?

psp How long does sony have left before we hack all the firmware?

I was thinking awhile back about using the tiff explote in the 2.80 to make an eloader before it even came out. we have homebrew for almost all the firmware. but will we hack the 3.00 and higher or is the 2.80 exploit going to be the last one. this is an open quiestion. share your ideas about future exploits here so that hackers can look at this and hopefully someone will inspier them to try out a vaild exploit. i was thinking mabey using a .swf file that would reboot the psp and restart it with homebrew capibilty on it. i dont know if this would work (dout it, but still) if you got and exploit idea share it here. there is stuiped answers, only stuiped poeple.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Personally, I don't really care. 1.5 can emulate 3.0...

ey video freak can yoou anwser something does devhook actaully emulate the firmwares features like the internet browser if so please run through how to set up dev hook i cant do it

so long as there are losers who want to hack a handheld device, homebrew will progess through all the firmwares...i love losers....

your a loser
    ________
    Honda Unicorn history
    Last edited by andrew24; January 29th, 2011 at 10:44.

DCEmu Legend

Well Sony was quick to update 3.00 to 3.01, so that must say something. I hope there are future hacks for the future firmwares. It saddens me to know that there are people out there just getting PSPs who will never know homebrew because of Sony's 'War on Homebrew'.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew24 View Post
    your a loser
    yeah........

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    Well Sony was quick to update 3.00 to 3.01, so that must say something. I hope there are future hacks for the future firmwares. It saddens me to know that there are people out there just getting PSPs who will never know homebrew because of Sony's 'War on Homebrew'.
    and 3.02 came out recently...but I think we're going to be seeing less "exploits" and more custom firmwares like SE where they have a 1.5 bootstrap and move the excess .prx's over to the MS. Or even a 2.71 bootstrap with HEN flashed to the Nand for the TA-082 psp's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    ey video freak can yoou anwser something does devhook actaully emulate the firmwares features like the internet browser if so please run through how to set up dev hook i cant do it
    If you use the ultimate installer, it should install the whole firmware for you to emulate (that means all the features).

I guess it depends what you mean by all firmwares.

Booster is doing a great job emulating the newer firmwares from 1.5/2.71 psps, but his work isnt accessible to anyone who buys a psp that comes with 2.80+ out of the box.

If a new downgrader-capable exploit is discovered in say 3.02, it will most likely be present in lower firmwares, and if not then people can always just upgrade then downgrade back to 2.71 and use HEN.

It would be as good as having all firmwares hacked, but the next day/week sony will bring out a new, patched revision and we'd no longer have 'all firmwares hacked'.

Sure, at the rate the psp is selling it would take a fair while for consoles to ship with that new firmware, but eventually it would. Or they'll modify the mobo again and this time prevent any firmware lower than 3.03 from running like the 2.5/2.6 (cant remember) lower limit of ta-82's.

Its a cat and mouse game between sony with their money and power to force changes, and a lot of very smart, determined people out there who want to have access to the hardware they purchased.

I, and we all, owe the latter a great debt of gratitude for sharing their work.

andrew24: if your going to insult someone, cant you at least do it with a little flair?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information