Thread: Corrupted data icons?

Default Corrupted data icons?

Is there any way to not have the corrupted data icons show up when u go into the games on ur ms?

Use one of the many apps that rename the folders to a format that hides the corrupt icons.

I use Sei PSP tool, the latest version is attached to my post HERE.

u can use custom firmware (get x-flash) and then boot up ur psp while pressing the R trigger, go to settings and click on hide corrupt icons, and then you wont have to use renaming apps, or ever rename any homebrew yourself...

Is it really worth flashing a virgin 1.5 install just to fix an issue that can so easily be solved without flashing?

I guess its personal preference, I like to keep flashing of the internal memory to a minimum *shrug*.

DCEmu Rookie

Interesting......oh and how big is the internal mem of the PSP? And why would the icons be corrupted?

Another super easy way to hide the corrupt data icons is to just rename them with the __SCE__ __SCE%___ method.

hawke213x: I beleive the psp has 32mb internal flash memory (everyone refers to it as NAND, but so is a memory stick), its just for storing the system software (firmware) and system settings.

There are corrupt icons on the PSP's 'game' menu when you have homebrew on firmware 1.5 due to the way the exploit that allows the homebrew to run works.
    Originally you needed 2 memory sticks, now just 2 folders appropriately named.

You can manually rename the folders in a way that hides the corrupt one or use an app like sei psp tool to do it for you.

Another shout for Sei. It's an invaluable tool in terms of importing emus (I try to filter all my eboots through it), hiding corrupted icons, and even little things like order i which emus appear on the PSP. Awesome tool.

Thread Information