Thread: Downdating woes...

DCEmu Rookie

Default Downdating woes...

Hi.

Im going to downdate my mates 2.6 psp to a 1.5 soon but untill xmas he only has a 32mg mem stick.

What i want to know is can i do the downdating on that size of mem stick? Or should i just wait and do it on the 4gb stick that he should be getting for xmas?

Nah it will work fine with a 32mb memory stick, just remember to delete all files on the memory stick before putting the downdater stuff so that there is no underlying issues

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by zidanerick View Post
    Nah it will work fine with a 32mb memory stick, just remember to delete all files on the memory stick before putting the downdater stuff so that there is no underlying issues
    thanks for the reply, I will do this tomorrow night seeing as it will work.

Do you know how big devhook plus the 3.02 update is? Once ive downdated his psp i want to install the new DH so that he can run his umd games. Im hoping DH will fit on the 32 mg mem stick??

Devhook with 3.2 firm wont fit on a 32 mb memstick .best just 2 wait 'til ur mate gets a 4gig mem.

ye you might as well wait. but then again im sure dh could fit, meh, beats me.

DCEmu Rookie

Thats a shame that it wont fit on his current card as i wont see him over xmas and wanted to get him up and running (plus he knows hes got some games for presents and was telling him not to use them till i sort him out with devhook).

Thanks for the comments.

you could get him up and running with devhook emulating a lower fw...like 2.82 it's just that putting 3.0+ on takes a lot of room due to all the extras in that update like ps1 emu, visualizer, remote play, etc. It's not likely he'll be getting any games that require higher than 2.82

I thinik theres a higher chance of bricking with a 32 mb card but ime NOT sure... if you have a psp, just use your memory card lol. And if you dont have a psp, then why are you downgrading your friends lol

The 32mb memory stick will work fine, I've upgraded and downgraded numorous times with my memory stick.

Thread Information