Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 delayed in Europe until September 07?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

ps3 PS3 delayed in Europe until September 07?

Source tells CVG that PS3 won't launch in Europe until September 2007 while Sony sticks to March release

Sony's head of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison recently told Official PlayStation Magazine that he wouldn't like to make any definitive statements about the March rollout for PS3.

Sony quickly followed that up with a statement re-confirming PS3 is on track for March 2007 across Europe. But speculation of a further delay just won't go away.

High placed sources within the industry have already been tipping April as a more realistic launch window the for console. But a source has told CVG that a PS3 delay as far back as September 2007 is now far more likely, pointing the finger of delay at - yes you guessed it - "component shortages". And let's face it, you don't launch a console in summer.

When contacted this morning a Sony UK spokesperson told CVG that "We're 100 percent on track for a March release".

Source: CVG

Really can we believe Sony, first they say spring 2006, then world wide launch in Dec with over a million consoles ready, then they said 100,000 for Japan and 400,000 for the US, which, at this stage it seems they only had 80,000 for Japan and just over 200,000 for the US ready for launch.

It seems to me Sony think they can keep dangling the carrot in front of us, making and breaking promises like this. I hope for Playstation fans in Europe they for fill this promise.

If it's not out by march I am so getting a 360 or a Wii.

/Sony fanboy

I hope September 2007 :P

Anyway, I will not get a PlayStation 3 (exept a free PlayStation 3 ). I'm with my Xbox 360 and maybe in the next year with a Wii also

Ha nice picture. The PS3 competition is the 3DO

DCEmu Rookie

I hope not, anyway im getting an import soon.

All I can do is laugh
    by the time it comes out here I`ll be able to choose from a PS3 an XBOX 720 or maybe even a Wii 2

way to support your loyal customers sony!!!

although with this new law thats come in maybe theyre lifting the region coding so they dont have to worry about modchips

Quote Originally Posted by opiate81 View Post
    All I can do is laugh
    by the time it comes out here I`ll be able to choose from a PS3 an XBOX 720 or maybe even a Wii 2
    Hey! Don't forget the Dreamcast 2!

Wont surprise me if Sony holds off until Sept '07. After all, look at the PSP. Took them just about a year to get that out over here. It doesnt bother me tho. I have had my PS3 for the past month or so.

PS3 User

Information from Phil Harrison, Threespeech Event, 12th December 2006:

Playstation 3 european launch within the first 2 weeks of March 2007, as explained to me, Sony's financial year ends on the 3rd week of March and therefore they want to launch before the next finanacial year begins. Judging that UK consoles always release on a friday expect the european launch on either the 2nd or 9th of March. Though a strong hint was that they are hoping to drop the playstation 3 on the 3rd day of the 3rd month (march 3rd).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information