Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: gpSP 0.9 - GBA Emulator for the PSP (full speed)

DCEmu Newbie

its a GREAT FANTASTIC and all
    i thank you for it and if there is any one disturps you
    just tell me i will crush him with a smiling face

Quote Originally Posted by M-Lin View Post
    Just played it on a *** break at work - came back 20 minutes late! Bloody brilliant!!!
    This post made me LOL . Good to see that coders have the power to screw us over at the workplace too

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Thank you for the jaw-dropping release!!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by tuta View Post
    Dude look dont post crap like this ppl before used the gta exploit because they cant downgrade or their stuck on TA mobo now theres downgraders so ppl downgrade to 1.5.

In gta exploit most emu dont run smoothly and how do you expect the new exploit to have full compat for homebrews 2.8 dun have kernel access and thats what lot of homebrews need to get full compat.

U want good homebrew go downgrade u have bad mobo then u have bad luck.

u said u aint riskin your $200 investment for downgrade and why are you sayin u usein tiff?
    most ppl use tiff for 2.8+ and 2.8+ cant downgrade
    go for hend+1.50 devhook (if ure on 2.5-2.71 with TA MOBO) and I bet u gpsp 0.9 will run better

Furthur note though u said kai worked better and do you know kai has a release specially for eloader!
    Do you see any for gpSP?NO! its very clear that homebrew releases are specially for 1.5 or 2.71se
    Unless stated otherwise tiff homebrew etc

GO DO YOUR RESEARCH B4 POSTIN STUFF!!!!

Ok, first off, PLEASE learn how to spell out words like people and you. I cant read "ppl" and "u". For your information, I DO research. I've been reading these forums for oh, about 6 months, and you'll notince I have what, about 5 posts? Gee, I wonder WHY? because I ONLY post when I have thought my post out and make an inteligent reply, instead of just bad-mouthing other people FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

Oh and for your information, I'm not using the eloader version of Kai. Did I say I was using Kai for eloader? No I didn't. I'm actually using the 1.0 version through eloader on my 2.6 firmware. It works better. Plain and simple. I WASN'T badmouthing Exophase or his work, infatct, I actually PRAISED him, or did you not READ that part? All I was doing was stating that it works better for me.

If Katta didnt make any "real" changes, then why does it actually work better for me? I don't know. Like I said, maybe he got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Regarding Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

You must use the (E) version. The crash will happen during the games opening video sequence but just use some clever save state tricks to get around it.

Get past the intro to the start of the game using gpSP 0.8 and make a save state or an actual save at at save point. Then bring that save state (.SVS file) or in game save (.SAV file) over to gpSP 0.9. Now just start the game and load your save and voila!!! Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories working 99.9% lol on gpSP 0.9!
    yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9?

maybe i have to change my rom or bios....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza042 View Post
    Ok, first off, PLEASE learn how to spell out words like people and you. I cant read "ppl" and "u". For your information, I DO research. I've been reading these forums for oh, about 6 months, and you'll notince I have what, about 5 posts? Gee, I wonder WHY? because I ONLY post when I have thought my post out and make an inteligent reply, instead of just bad-mouthing other people FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

Oh and for your information, I'm not using the eloader version of Kai. Did I say I was using Kai for eloader? No I didn't. I'm actually using the 1.0 version through eloader on my 2.6 firmware. It works better. Plain and simple. I WASN'T badmouthing Exophase or his work, infatct, I actually PRAISED him, or did you not READ that part? All I was doing was stating that it works better for me.
    Typos?

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9?

maybe i have to change my rom or bios....
    Hey Gunntims... I think I may have a savestate somewhere in my PC if you want me to send you it . . . It begins at the first boss battle... you really dont miss a tremendous amount of the game. PM me if ya want it.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza042 View Post
    With that being said, I will explain. The unofficial release actually runs much better on the game that I use it primarily for (ff5). FF5 runs horrible. The eloader is the only option I have, and until it's more compatible with eloader, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stick with kai 2.5.
    Well, first of all, Final Fantasy V Advance (U) runs great using this emulator on a 1.50 PSP. So it may be eLoader related. I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure it runs even better than it did in 0.8 Second, I know you think its risky but its really not. You should really downgrade to 1.50 or downgrade/upgrade to 2.71 SE.

Quote Originally Posted by MKSmoke View Post
    Super A+ Emulator although yoshi’s island still dose not work
    Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) DOES WORK!!! And the best part of all is that it runs FULL SPEED w/ perfect sound in this version. Make sure you have the CORRECT bios and a clean dump of the game. Where in the game are you running into issues?

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9? Maybe i have to change my rom or bios....
    Well even on 0.8 when you can view the video. The video is not perfect at all. Its very distorted and sort of psychedelic. So it should not really be an issue. And its something that Exophase could probably fix if he really had a look at it.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by hlide View Post
    I'm very happy with my PSP downgraded to 1.5. That's a huge difference if you want to run homebrews like gpSP.

Exophase has a different strategy than Katta. He tries to understand how he can rewrite the most difficult part of the code to improve globally the compatibility and if possible the speedup of games in a clean way. Katta doesn't because this is a task he cannot handle. Instead he tries some tricks (not even 1% of code is altered !) to speedup for some games in a dirty way which could prevent Exophase from improving his code in a more global way.

Since Katta isn't very cooperative with Exophase, Exophase chose not to try to understand how Katta did. It is up to Katta to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate them in a cleaner and safer way. If Katta refused, you should refuse his releases until he consents to do so. I disaggree with the way Katta tries to fork gpSP whereas he is not even author of 1% of code. That's a lame way to do so. And people using his releases are kinda of lamers too. Sure, this is my opinion.

By the way, your fear honors Sony's efforts too.
    See, this is more like the adult response I expected, unlike other people's response. I honestly never expected to REALLY hurt anyone's feelings over this, I was simply stating what worked for me.

Katta may have totally screwed Exophases code, and I never claimed otherwise. I'm no coder, simply a casual gamer. I know that Exophase released the original gpsp, I tried 0.8 LONG before I ever tried Kai. I had 0.8 working pretty well, with a high frameskip, games were playable mostly with bad sound. Having both emulators side by side with the same settings, though, I see that Kai works better for me on "most" games that I have tried, and without most of the glitches in sound.

I have seen emulators come and go, (remember genecyst on the pc?) and often, less that 1% of code changes are enough to make a difference. As I've said, though, maybe he got lucky, who knows?

DCEmu Newbie

My psp is a 1.5 and on the previous version FF5A didn't run as fast and the music was all messed up but now it's pretty much perfect... I would assume it's Ramza's version since you're reporting that it runs better too, Veskar.

Thread Information