Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: gpSP 0.9 - GBA Emulator for the PSP (full speed)

DCEmu Rookie

i'm using the correct bios version now and the compatibility problems are gone.

The bios was the problem, everybody having issues should try it.

http://www.etree.org/md5com.html

Md5sum check = a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having a problem with my game saves right now.

For games like, say Zelda Minish Cap, i save, but when i play a different game and come back to zelda, i no longer see my save file. May someone help me out? Thanks.

DCEmu Legend

psp If anyone needs help. Many details need to be known.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcolbyxx View Post
    I'm having a problem with my game saves right now.

For games like, say Zelda Minish Cap, i save, but when i play a different game and come back to zelda, i no longer see my save file. May someone help me out? Thanks.
    People really need to understand that when it comes to issues with PSP homebrew, help & diagnosis depends largely on knowing EVERY DETAIL.

1.) Which firmware you are using
    2.) Which version of this EMU you are using
    3.) Which ROM version you are using (J) (U) (E) for example.
    4.) Are you using the right BIOS?
    5.) Did you import those saves from a previous EMU?

Those are just some of the things that need to be known to better help you.

DCEmu Newbie

Oops, sorry about that Veskgar.

FW 1.5
    Using the newest version, gpSP .9
    ROM version (U)
    Yes, correct BIOS
    Not imported saves; created a new save on the emu.

All my other game saves fine, except for Minish Cap and M&L Super Saga. Maybe its just the version i'm using? I'll go use a different version and see if that works out. Thanks.

DCEmu Legend

@ xxcolbyxx - Thanks, that is much better.

I'm using that same setup and also the (U) version of Zelda & Mario & Luigi. I have seen no problems like what you mentioned. If it helps here are the sizes (zipped) of the ROMs in which I am using.

Mario & Luigi = 6.60 MB
    Zelda = 7.23 MB

The only other thing I could think is reinstall gpSP, do a chkdsk on memory stick to look for little corruptions, or just reformat the memory stick.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all, I am having a similar problem with Zelda but also with other games I am using Firmware v. 1.5 and gpSP v. 0.9 with The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U) ROM, I did transfer my SAV file from Zelda from v. 0.8 and it loaded fine but it said the file was corrupted so I deleted and tried to load Zelda again and all I would get is a blank white screen or a blank black screen, I deleted the CFG and it loaded fine but as soon as exit gpSP and try to load Zelda again I just get the white or black screen and the same goes for all my ROMs...this never happened with v. 0.8, any help will be appreciated...Thanx for your time.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    Hi all, I am having a similar problem with Zelda but also with other games I am using Firmware v. 1.5 and gpSP v. 0.9 with The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U) ROM, I did transfer my SAV file from Zelda from v. 0.8 and it loaded fine but it said the file was corrupted so I deleted and tried to load Zelda again and all I would get is a blank white screen or a blank black screen, I deleted the CFG and it loaded fine but as soon as exit gpSP and try to load Zelda again I just get the white or black screen and the same goes for all my ROMs...this never happened with v. 0.8, any help will be appreciated...Thanx for your time.
    save a savestate with 0.8 and load it with 0.9 : i heard it works this way.

DCEmu Rookie

Kyros, also try copying back over the minish cap rom file. If you backed up the save, and the rom before, simply move them both over to your memory stick again, after completely deleting the gpsp (back it up again just in case). Removing all the files, and then moving them back from your original backup will probably fix it. This had happened to be as well, but the problem was fixed after doing this^^.

Thank you, you made the greatest program in the history of psp homebrew, no joke.

I'm sorry you're getting so much crap for it.

I would like to send you money via paypal to show my support in hopes that you will not leave the homebrew dev scene, where should I sent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    A few words:

I actually worked really hard on this all day to add a bunch of stuff. This is, of course, in spite of all the crap from this scene. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of very appreciative and dedicated people around (my two beta testers, of course). But I have to deal with a lot of things. People swearing at me for refusing to give them the BIOS, for instance. One person even threatened to report me to Nintendo because I refused to send him one. People literally arguing with me about why it's not fair for me to refuse to send them ROMs. People impersonating me on other message boards. Someone recently pretended to be me and said that I was giving up because I can't compete with Takka's releases. Things like that.[/B]
    i PERSONALLY will thk u for all the HARD work, u and all the other coders have put in over the yrs... i never knew stupidness like what you've mentioned actually went on... i guess thats why we have unfinished emus, and missin coders... guys need to have patience and stop actin like what u are...CHILDREN!!! thx again!!!

da relic

Thread Information