Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better than Nostradamus: PSP Fanboy's totally accurate 2006 predictions

DCEmu Legend

Yeah these predictions are nothing specatacular. Everything he 'predicted' was theorized or believed would happen anyway.

UMD Movies - Pay 10 more dollars than their DVD counterparts and NOT get any of the bonus material? Hah, sure like that was gonna last...

Weird, I saw an episode of Penn and Teller: Bull$#@! yesterday about end of the world predictions, and Nostradamus was mentioned.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Memory of the future

If he had predicted that sony would anounce they are working on a 32 Gig Duo stick i would have been spooked. I certainly didn't see that one coming and thought they would at least go for a 12 or 16 Gig stick first. i had no idea the technology even existed for that kind of miniturisation. I guess we're seeing the reality of nano-technology.

I can't wait to get hold of one. i just got a 4gig standard sandisk and am amazed at how much faster than the sony stick is. you really notice it when saving states on Exophase's gPSP emu and NJ's MVS. It's about a third of the time.

Prediction:

- The DS will lower in sales
    - The PSP will rise in sales as price comes down, and PS3 features come up
    - The PS3 will do horribly for a few years until people have good enough TVs to care about the new graphics and blue ray.

Heh, see if that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zero View Post
    I predict that:

1. Sony Markets of PSP and PS3 will be better in 2007 especially after summer 2007

2. UMD movie format is practically dead, though it will have some sales due to some advertisments(i.e. Free movie per purchase) if something like that happens.

3. Blu-Ray will take a hit, but since laptops and other devices such as a blu-ray player/dvd players from sony will help the sales for Blu-Ray to be better shape than PSP UMD.

4. More PSP Games will sell thanks to more companies releasing better games (i.e. Final Fantasy VII CC and Final Fantasy Tactics Remake)
    I totally agree with your above predictions Basil Zero.
    Oh... and I totally disagree with Vangar's 3rd "prediction" .

DCEmu Legend

Yeah, definitely the 32GB memory stick is what I'm excited about for 2007.

My prediction (more of a wish or hope) is that there will be a hack/fix/workaround to allow 1.50 and/or custom firmware PSP's to use the 32GB memory stick.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshinatsu View Post
    I totally agree with your above predictions Basil Zero.
    Oh... and I totally disagree with Vangar's 3rd "prediction" .
    Why? How many people have the money to fork out for a high definition TV, the money for the games, the new copies of the movies they already own just to see the detail in people's skin better?

Not anytime soon.

EDIT: We can see that this has recently happened already - The DS is selling better because it is cheaper. The UMD video market failed, we already have those dvds at home. Its a loop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information