Thread: DriKara problem (!!devvers wanted!!)

Default DriKara problem (!!devvers wanted!!)

I just recently bought a Dreamcast Karaoke system (fairly cheap IMO) and the seller notified me in advance that the online service was down for a while now.
    My goal wasn't to go online, but to get the system running offline, as a standalone unit.

The mic CAN be tested offline after loading the DriKara bootdisc, so you could actually set up your sound etc before going online.
    Knowing that a karaoke-CD is almost the same structure as a V-CD, I tried if it was possible to get sound from the mic while playing a V-CD (haven't tried with an actual karaoke-CD, but it'll have the same result).
    No succes...(duh)

So, my question is this: I have a BBA since last weekend, so I'm gonna try to rip the original DiKara bootdisc. I'd like to have an implementation of the bits from the DriKara bootdisc that enable the sound COMBINED with a bootdisc for V-CD.
    So, the endresult will be: a bootdisc for V-CD/karaoke-CD that works with the mics for an on-the-fly audio-dub, reviving the DriKara as an offline karaoke system.:thumbup:

If anyone is willing to look into this, please contact me for further details.
    Results WILL be rewarded.

This is no joke.

Regards,

Tom

Anyone at all???

Dream Coder

I have one of those, and a BBA. It is relatively low on my list, but is on my list to eventually get to that and try and figure out a kos driver for it. The biggest problem (for me) is that you can't really use it with the vga box.

Have fun with your poking abouts, but be aware, you won't be able to discuss or release anything done in the vain of hacking the original disc here, as it is illegal (although I think it might fall far into the grey area, since anyone who owns the DreamKara should have the disc already...).

Great! Just post here if there's any progress with your quest, as I don't have the time for this atm.
    Grey area, sure of it, as people who own the hardware deffy own the soft. It's not even a game and originally really can't be played offline, so I guess the license for it expired along with the service. Anyway, let's make this world a better place Mucho success!

Just popped in to check if anyone has any progress on this one...

Thread Information