Thread: PS3 Power Supply

Default PS3 Power Supply

Hi there just got a USA PS3 and just wondering if anyone knows if this can be plugged straight into the 240v mains.The reason i ask is firstly you have to buy a PSU converter which kicks out at least 400watts(400va) of juice as the PS3 runs at 380watts which the PSU cost upwards of 80 quid and is as big as the PS3 its self, secondly i spoke to my local video games centre and he has told me that alot of his customers have plugged there JAP PS3 straight into the mains and they work fine, problem is none of his customers have a USA PS3 and i dont have the BALLS to try it.

if you have the right connection plug to fit it in the socket it should only put out the neccesary wattage ithink, ask someone else to be sure

Right, I finally plucked up the courage to plug it in cos lets face it for those who know me know i am completely F@+&*ED UP and dont care. So switched on plug and straight away BANG it fired up and is running a lovely.SO IT WORKS. Phew!!!!!!!!.

And doing so proves what bull$#@! that one of sony's lawyers said " ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences " with the lik-sang case, Assholes

Thank god it works, I am about to get a US one and in dubai it's 220, so guess its better than my 360 which blew up because of that(just the adaptor), but they cost so much to replace...

Thread Information