Thread: Virtua Fighter 5 date punched out

Blog Entries

ps3 Virtua Fighter 5 date punched out

The PlayStation 3 looks to fill the traditional-fighting-game-genre void leftover from its lineup of launch games early next year with the release of Virtua Fighter 5--that part gamers knew. What PS3 owners didn't know was exactly when that hole would be filled.

Sega today finally revealed when the PS3 gets it punch on by announcing the game's official release date. Virtua Fighter 5 will ship to North American retailers on February 20. The game will also be part of the European PS3 launch's lineup when the console is released in that region in March.

VF5 offers 17 characters--two of which are new--and the option to customize an extra character. By pummeling opponents in the various arenas, gamers will gain in-game money which can be used to purchase accessories for their fighters.

Via Gamespot

I am finally getting my PS3 on Wednesday night. I am so excited I had to post it. I have been searching stores everywhere since Nov.17th and my brother found me one in New Brunswick and purchased it for me. See you online soon.

Thread Information