Thread: Wiimote Straps Result in Class Action Suit

Blog Entries

Rev Wiimote Straps Result in Class Action Suit

Kotaku reports the news that problems with breaking Wiimote straps has resulted in a class action lawsuit against Nintendo. From the press release about the suit:
    "Green Welling LLP filed a nationwide class action lawsuit on behalf of the owners of the Nintendo Wii against Nintendo of America, Inc., in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. The class action lawsuit arose as result of the defective nature of the Nintendo Wii. In particular, the Nintendo Wii game console includes a remote and a wrist strap for the remote. Owners of the Nintendo Wii reported that when they used the Nintendo remote and wrist strap, as instructed by the material that accompanied the Wii console, the wrist strap broke and caused the remote to leave the user's hand. Nintendo's failure to include a remote that is free from defects is in breach of Nintendo's own product warranty."

via slashdot

funny stuff. lets sue from anything to everything, that's the American way. my keyboard stops working from overly using it, maybe i should sue too because it's easy money and they have it.

Yes, because a wrist strap breaking causes the wii-mote to leave people's hands...

next they will start a lawsuit against their parents for creating the child with no brain!

i actually have tried moving the remote as fast as possible without the strap on at my sofa...i was actually trying to throw it. but it isnt really easy, i always find the remote actively moves against my actions. as far as i can tell, for anyone to actually throw the remote, they would have to throw it purposefully, and the strap has no co nsequence on that action

This is absolute BS. In order to actually break the damn string, you have to be using an enormous amount of force, something that is completely unnecessary, and Nintendo warns against.

DCEmu Newbie

It wont work. Wearing the wrist strap is optional right? If the unnessary component fails, it is not Nintendos fault.

F*cking Bull$#@!!!!!

Retards Throwing The Wiimote Is Not A Defect

Quote Originally Posted by paul1991 View Post
    It wont work. Wearing the wrist strap is optional right? If the unnessary component fails, it is not Nintendos fault.
    No, it says before any game starts to put the wrist strap on. But thats not the point. The point is, that it says it breaks when people are using them AS INSTRUCTED by Nintendo. Nintendo never tells people to swing with such force the the strap breaks, nor did they anticipate such stupidity. Also, like someone else said, you actually have to TRY to make it break. And if it does break, and it does get launched somewhere because your stupid self let it go, it wont straight, itll go in a random direction, most likely spinning at the time. So most of the stories are BS, and people just arent using their wrist straps.

Thread Information