Article via Mugglenet

Jo Rowling updated her official site today with a new diary entry and a new addition to the rumors section. In her diary, Jo fills us in a little on Book 7's progress - she's currently "writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more" - and says, "I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)" She also details a recent dream in which she was both Harry and the narrator.

I was searching for a Horcrux in a gigantic, crowded hall, which bore no resemblance to the Great Hall as I imagine it. As the narrator I knew perfectly well that the Horcrux was jammed in a hidden nook in the fireplace, while as Harry I was searching for it in all kinds of other places, while trying to make the people around me say lines I had pre-arranged for them. Meanwhile waiters and waitresses who work in the real cafe in which I have written huge parts of book seven roamed around me as though on stilts, all of them at least fifteen feet high. Perhaps I should cut back on the caffeine?

Could this dream have some bearing on an event in the seventh book? JK also wrote in her rumors section: "Harry will NOT merge with Voldemort to become a single entity, nor would Harry ever wish to command Death Eaters/Dementors/Inferi," debunking the theory he would.