Iconic Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto is known for platformers like Mario and adventure games like Zelda, but if he had the bandwidth, he'd like to take a stab at making a first-person shooter title, he recently revealed.
Speaking with Kotaku, Miyamoto commented, "I actually do kind of want to make a first-person shooter, but I don't have time."
Miyamoto's idea for a first-person shooter isn't necessarily a violent one. Unsurprisingly, the game designer is more interested in the first-person exploration aspect.
"Rather than necessarily the question of 'What kind of weapon do I have?' in a first person shooter or 'What kind of effect does that have on an enemy?', I think that the structure of a first-person shooter is something that's very interesting," he said. "Having that 3D space that in theory you are in and being able to look around and explore that-particularly being able to do that in conjunction with another person-is very interesting."
Miyamoto actually does have some experience with first-person shooters, as he oversaw the first Metroid Prime game which was designed in collaboration with Retro Studios.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...person-shooter