Retro Studios recently worked on 2010's Wii game Donkey Kong Country Returns, and last year's Mario Kart 7. For the studio's future, legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto said it isn't out of the question for Retro to work on the Zelda franchise; however, the Austin-based developer is currently too busy to take on the series.

"In terms of them working on a Zelda, it's not out of the question, certainly, for them to work on an entire Zelda game amongst themselves," Miyamoto toldIGN when asked about the Austin-based studio's current project. Miyamoto has said Retro is capable in the past, but added that geography would be an issue.

"Traditionally I think that the Zelda team has always had a close contact with anyone who's working on a Zelda game. If you were going to have that happen in the US at Retro, that would be kind of difficult for them to be able to coordinate." Miyamoto added that Retro is "too busy for that sort of thing right now" anyway, joking that he'd likely have to move to Texas – where Retro Studios is located – since a Zelda game requires his involvement, as well.

Retro Studios is capable, but coordinating overseas with Kyoto would obviously be a big hurdle. "Retro is very busy right now, but I'm afraid I can't say exactly what it is," Miyamoto added. So either way, it looks like we can rule out that game being called The Legend of Zelda.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/13/mi...uestion-but-s/