Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii Unscrambler released

Blog Entries

Rev Wii Unscrambler released

Ingenieria Inversa have today released an unscrambler tool for the Wii/gamecube, on their site they have posted a ton of info about disk layouts etc but to most of you and me it means bugger all and thats not to mention that theres no way at the mo to read Wii Discs in the raw format needed for the unscrambler.

Another tool that will hopefully lead to an homebrew exploit, (lets hope so)

Download via comments

From what I understand, this tool essentially lets you read Wii discs on your computer and dump ISO files.

EDIT: This only decrypts the dumped ISO files....you have to dump them through some other means.

Blog Entries

yeah but theres no actual way to read them

You mean load the ISO on the Wii....

no there is no way (and hopefully wont be) to play isos or backups on the wii

Blog Entries

hopefully there wont be a way of reading ICE-O's (I did'nt say it) on Wii cause it would be pretty $#@!ty if so. but then again whatever people are doing now will eventually result in homebrew

Why is everyone so against piracy? It has never done significant damage to the gaming industry, and inspires people to crack gaming hardware, paving the way for homebrew.

Every gaming system gets cracked, get over it. A lot of games deserved to get pirated because they are so crap. But most games if they are good i will buy them.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical_Impact View Post
    Every gaming system gets cracked, get over it. A lot of games deserved to get pirated because they are so crap. But most games if they are good i will buy them.
    typing from the wii browser.

That remark will get you into trouble. It's people like you that give homebrew users a bad name. Ass....

The ony reason I have ever been into homebrew is to play emulated console games like sness and genesis games. Now I can do that on the Wii anyway, so I see little point (for me personally) to wish that homebrew appears on it also. If it does, and if it also made piracy possible, then that would be a very sad day indeed.

Also to Critical_Impact, not every game system gets cracked, I have never heard of anyone successfully runnning a copied gamecube game. Am I wrong about this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information