NES.emu for Android v1.4.28 is released. NES.emu is a commercial port of the NES emulator FCEUX for Android. NES/Famicom emulator based on FCEUX (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone and the Xoom, but works on many devices with similar specs. It uses the most up-to-date revision of well-known PC emulator FCEUX (most other Market apps are built from older & less accurate versions of FCE Ultra).
* Accurate emulation and similar compatibility to FCEUX 2.1.4
* Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files from FCEUX should work on NES.emu and vice-versa.
* Supports ROM-based games in .nes and .unf formats
* Famicom Disk System emulation using .fds files (select your BIOS in the options first)
* VS UniSystem support, push Start to insert coins
* Zapper/Gun support, touch screen to fire, touch & hold outside of display area to simulate firing away from the TV
* Zip file support
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch, up to 3 touches supported at once)
* Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard). Enable the Direct Texture option if supported by your device to increase performance. On fast devices with 60hz displays like the Xoom, set frameskip to 0.
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps. Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
NES.emu for Android v1.4.28 Changelog:
* Cheat edit mode (Game Genie or direct memory patches)
* Added A+B to key config
* Fixed a crash on some devices if buttons were held down when launching the app
* Improved multi-touch code (works with Xperia Play screen and others)
* Re-added trackball support
* Other fixes and optimizations
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)