Microsoft has officially announced its new mobile OS, Windows Phone 8.
Based on the same core technologies that power Windows 8, the technology giant has said the new Windows Phone 8 will ‘unleash a new wave of features’ for consumers, developers and businesses.
Here’s a run down of the Windows Phone 8’s features:
- Multi-core processor support.
- Two new screen resolutions -1280x768 and 1280x720.
- Removable MicroSD card support.
- NFC wireless sharing, letting phones share things over short distances.
- Internet Explorer 10, the next version of Windows Phone comes with the same web browsing engine that’s headed for Window 8 PCs and tablets.
- Windows Phone 8’s new digital Wallet feature stores debit and credit cards, coupons, boarding passes, and other important info. When paired with a secure SIM from your carrier, you can also pay for things at compatible checkout counters.
- Built in Nokia mapping.
- More than 100,000 apps available in Marketplace.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)