Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DCEmu official guide - how to install 3.02 OE-A, then to OE-B, to run PSOne Games

PS3 User

psp DCEmu official guide - how to install 3.02 OE-A, then to OE-B, to run PSOne Games

Files / Tools you will need -

NOTE: Your PSP will need to be 1.50 or using the 2.71 SE firmware to be able to do this

1. Once you have downloaded these files, extract them all to a new folder. Preferably on the desktop for ease of use.
    2. Place your 1.50 and 3.02 eboots inside the "oeupdmaker" folder, with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP"

Like this -

3. You will then need to copy the "oeupdmaker" folder and the "oeupdmaker%" to your PSP. If you're using 1.50, then copy them to your "GAME" folder, if you're using 2.71 SE-A, B or C, then they need to go into the "GAME150" folder.
    4. Run this program, it DOES NOT FLASH your PSP. It will create a file called "DATA.DXAR". Copy this file into the folder called "302oeflasher" on your computer
      NOTE: Lots of people have problems with this stage, make sure your 1.50 eboot is called "150.PBP" and your 3.02 eboot is called "302.PBP".
    5. Back-up everything on your memory stick, then format. Extra safety precaution.
    6. Copy over the "302oeflasher" and "302oeflasher%" folders to the PSP, into either the "GAME" folder, or the "GAME150" depending on your firmware version
    7. Make sure your PSP battery is fully charged, then run the program
    8. Alternately, plug-in your charger, then run the program, then hold down the L and Triangle button to bypass the battery check and go to the flashing stage
    9. Accept the agreement and begin to flash your new firmware! If you have followed this method word for word you should no troubles. You will need to restart your PSP manually (hold the power button until it turns off, then turn on again) after the program has finished.

Check your System Firmware, welcome to OE-A!

NOTE: You MUST MUST MUST update to 3.02 OE-A before doing this

1. Create a folder on your PSP named "GAME150" inside the folder named "PSP"
    2. Extract the archive and place the folder named "OEB_UPDATE" into "GAME150"
    3. Run the program and laugh at how quick it is and the file named "popcorn.prx" that appears when you run it :)

Check your System Firmware, welcome to OE-B!

• UltraISO or Alcohol 120% to rip the game from disc. People are reporting problems with other programs, stick to these two, they're very reliable (in .ISO, .BIN or .IMG format)
    • Popstation, which comes inside the OE-B pack
    • cygwin1.dll
    • Hot Shots Golf 2 from the Playstation Store. You can purchase it from the Playstation 3 store.

DON'T ASK FOR HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD

NOTE: Your PSP must be OE-B for this to work!
    2. Save the disc-image as either .ISO, .BIN or .IMG in the popstation folder. People have different results with each format so I recommend you try it with each format! Make sure it is uncompressed and a perfect copy! Make sure you have no other programs running whilst ripping, it can AND will mess up your rip!
    3. To make things easier, place your "popstation" folder on the desktop, with "cygwin1.dll" inside and the "EBOOT.PBP" & "KEYS.BIN" files from Hot Shots Golf 2 and your recently ripped disc-image
    4. Now the tricky part. Go to START > RUN then type "cmd" (without the quotes obviously). This should bring up a DOS prompt. Type "cd Desktop\popstation" (without quotes, again).
    5. The next step is to RENAME the "EBOOT.PBP" to "BASE.PBP"
    6. We're there now - in the command prompt type "popstation yourfilename.yourfileextension" and let it run

For example -

The image above is an excellent example of how to run popstation and type in the correct command, follow it and you should be fine
    7. Now, create a new folder under "GAME" on your Memory Stick and copy the generated "EBOOT.PBP" and "KEYS.BIN" in and run! Enjoy completely ****ing Sony over in every possible way!

NOTE: Your generated EBOOT.PBP file will use the Hot Shots Golf 2 icons, if you want to create your own icons, simply include them in the same directory as "popstation.exe" and those will be used instead

Image naming and sizes -

• ICON0.PNG 144 x 80 pixels 12k Selection icon
    • PIC0.PNG 310 x 180 pixels 4k Blurb
    • PIC1.PNG 480 x 272 pixels Background

You cannot exceed these sizes or else Popstation will not use them! - thanks SketchPCIS

Q I always get an error when I try to create the DATA.DXAR file! How do I fix it?
    A Check your 1.50 eboot is named "150.PBP" and your 3.02 eboot is named "302.PBP" if this doesn't work, re-download the firmware from a different source

Q Do PAL games work with this?
    A To an extent, yes. There are many graphical glitches with PAL games so NTSC is the way forward

Q Can I convert PAL games to NTSC?
    A Yes, check out this thread to find a pack containing some great tools to convert. You will need to register however

Q Is the upgrade really worth it?
    A You can play PSOne games AND run homebrew. In short, yes. This IS the new golden firmware.

Q Are multi-disc games playable?
    A They should be, yeah. Games like Final Fantasy offer you the ability to save before the disc changes, so simply Save, exit, delete the EBOOT of the disc you're using and then copy the new one over, voila!

Q The command prompt is too difficult, got anything easier?
    A Learn! Its easy once you get used to it, use that image of the command prompt above to help you! Or if you're ****ing lazy, go here :)

Q Is there any way to add cheats?
    A Refer to this thread

Q How do I run 1.50 firmware if this is 3.20?
    A Create a folder inside "PSP" named "GAME150", put all of your 1.50 homebrew in there

Q Won't the game always use the Hot Shots Golf 2 disc ID and therefore overwrite saves from all my games?
    A This will effect people who want to have multiple games! In answer to the question, yes, it will. This means all save games will be inside a folder named "SCUS94476" and the disc ID of the EBOOT.PBP will be "94476". So, if you have multiple games, your saves will keep being overwritten.
    You can change this using any hex-editor to change this number to something else, as long as the same amount of numbers are used. This is helpful for multiple discs where you can simply increment the disc ID by 1 - thanks LazerTag, refer to this thread

Q Can I downgrade back to 1.50?
    A Yes. The OE-A pack comes with a Recovery tool; you need to put the folder named "RECOVERY" inside the "GAME" folder along with the 1.50 eboot named UPDATE.PBP. Restart your PSP holding the R trigger to gain access to the Recovery Menu and run it through there, not the XMB NOTE: This is the information I pulled from the Read Me which isn't the best, can someone confirm that those instructions are correct?

Q Help! I get to the Playstation logo, but then black! What did I do wrong?
    A Chances are your rip went wrong somewhere. Best off trying it again in a different format. PAL games also frequently go black, so either use NTSC games or attempt to convert PAL > NTSC.

Q Nice tutorial, but I prefer watching than reading, got a video tutorial?
    A Right here

Q No matter what I do it won't work, what can I do?
    A You have to remember, this has only just been released, so its hardly going to be 100%. PAL games, ISOs, dodgy rips - they are all problematic and give varying results. Try .BIN and .IMG formats, just keep trying!

Q Can I use a different PSOne game from the store, like, Syphon Filter?
    A Yes, but popstation was designed for Hot Shots Golf 2, so bear that in mind

and of course, a big thanks to Dark_AleX for the release!

- by 808

DCEmu Regular

Excellent Guide!!!

Do you by any chance know how to add cheats in the games. (Lol I ask this question thousands of times)

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Excellent Guide!!!

Do you by any chance know how to add cheats in the games. (Lol I ask this question thousands of times)

The only thing I can find that would help you is this. Ask for help in that thread and I'm sure someone will help you.

DCEmu Regular

Oh and one more question,probably asnwered dozens of times, How do I run 1.50 Homebrew on this firmware...or is it possible?

Oh NVM I didn't put the % in

EDIT: Or so I thought...Icons show but it says "The game could not be started (8002014C)" So im guessing I must do something

EDIT X3: I had to change it to Kernal mode,MAN am I slow >_<

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Oh and one more question,probably asnwered dozens of times, How do I run 1.50 Homebrew on this firmware...or is it possible?
    You need to create a folder inside "PSP" named "GAME150". Put all of your 1.50 firmware in there and it should run with no problems.

I'm adding that to the FAQs!

An addendum for this guide. You should edit the disc ID name of the PBP you create with Popstation so each will save properly. For instance if you do use the Hot Shots 2 game as your base.pbp it will use SCUS94476 as the disc name. Just open you new PBP in any hex editor and change the numerical value 94476 to something else. Make sure to use the same number of characters. I used 95001 and increment by 1 on each new PBP for my games. Just seemed easier to track so I don't accidentally reuse a number. Once it's changed it will allow you to save without overwriting the others.

I assume with multi disc games (FF7 for instance) each PBP will have the same disc ID number since on a multigame disc you will want it to save in the same file.

Does that seem correct?

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by LazerTag View Post
    An addendum for this guide. You should edit the disc ID name of the PBP you create with Popstation so each will save properly. For instance if you do use the Hot Shots 2 game as your base.pbp it will use SCUS94476 as the disc name. Just open you new PBP in any hex editor and change the numerical value 94476 to something else. Make sure to use the same number of characters. I used 95001 and increment by 1 on each new PBP for my games. Just seemed easier to track so I don't accidentally reuse a number. Once it's changed it will allow you to save without overwriting the others.

I assume with multi disc games (FF7 for instance) each PBP will have the same disc ID number since on a multigame disc you will want it to save in the same file.

Does that seem correct?
    I've added this to the FAQ's, thanks. I've actually just realised the importance of this since most people will be using multiple games and have no idea why all their saves are being overwritten.

Now its been a long time since i have used my psp. If i install this that means im getting rid of my 1.50 version is that correct.

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05 View Post
    Now its been a long time since i have used my psp. If i install this that means im getting rid of my 1.50 version is that correct.
    Yes, you will, but you will still be able to play all of your 1.50 homebrew.

However, there is a Recovery program included inside the OE-A pack that will allow you to downgrade back to 1.50 if you want. Time to update the FAQ again :)

Man now this tutorial looks really good, i would front page it, it looks alsome. but the pic of the command prompt would enlarge the news page.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information