Thread: Burn .GDI programs?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Burn .GDI programs?

as the title states, I was thinking of getting a GigaRec DVD burner in hope that I could burn .GDI images onto a 800mb CD & according to the GD-Rom wiki .GDI images are selfboot as there 1.1 copy of the retail disc.

reason I'm asking is because I just bought another Dreamcast & I want to keep the games in pristine condition, as you can no longer buy new games

or is it possible to convert a .GDI to CDI but in full size?

also what programs would I need to do such a thing.

thank you & look forward to some replies.

You cant burn GDI image just because there are no cd that hace capacity 1.2GB not less (if you know there are let us know).
    or is it possible to convert a .GDI to CDI but in full size?
    Only if a game data is less 700mb. There are a lot of scene releases for your case and there are several people who do very optimized cd images. You can get all what i mentioned at underground-gamer torrent tracker.

P.S. I think warez talk are prohibited here and this thread may be closed but i gave you enough information to start with.

DCEmu Newbie

You can actually record up to 1.15GB's on a CD-r using GigaRec, so its possible now,(10 years ago not so much) at the time of these drives they were in the hundreds, now there dirt cheap.

also I'm not on about piracy here, there is no point in me ripping games if there going to be degraded

Ripped from CDR Wiki
    Some drives use special techniques, such as Plextor's GigaRec or Sanyo's HD-BURN, to write more data onto a given disc; these techniques are inherently deviations from the Compact Disc (Red, Yellow, and/or Orange Book) standards, making the recorded discs proprietary-formatted and not fully compatible with standard CD players and drives. However, in certain applications where discs will not be distributed or exchanged outside a private group and will not be archived for a long time, a proprietary format may be an acceptable way to obtain greater capacity (up to 1.2 GB with GigaRec or 1.8 GB with HD-BURN on 99 minute media). The greatest risk in using such a proprietary data storage format, assuming that it works reliably as designed, is that it may be difficult or impossible to repair or replace the hardware used to read the media if it fails, is damaged, or is lost after its original vendor discontinues it.
    Last edited by rocky5; July 4th, 2012 at 22:09.

Thread Information