Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smiths' PopstationGUI 1.2 - Final just because

PSP Coder

Default Smiths' PopstationGUI 1.2 - Final just because

Okay several things.
    I'm reminded why I stopped PSP things simply because of the flood of CRAP that fills once something is released.
    People are excited about popstation, that's awesome.
    People are "releasing" ISOs on Usenet, etc. that are not modified in any way except for icons and can potentially screw up existing saves.
    That's bad.

People are creating GUIs that are really nice and perty and remind me that I like to design programs that are simply simple and therefore look like poo. That's awesome.
    People are forgetting that KEYS.BIN and BASE.PBP contain COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL, or are ignoring this fact, thus giving Sony even more leverage.
    That's bad.

I'm all for making things easy for the end-user. I've tried to "idiot-proof" this program as much as possible. But, I like to encourage people to be able to think a bit for themselves and therefore be able to get the icons, keys, base, etc. they'll need before running my software.
    If you can't do it on your own, don't use this GUI

Rant over, enjoy most likely the last update since 1.2 currently does all the cleanup *I* need, which is why I actually designed it.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gbatoo...station.v1.zip

Smiths' Popstation Frontend v1.2
    --------------------
    Smiths, www.emuholic.com
    --------------------
    I rise from the ashes to whip up a little thing to help out with popstation.exe

*History
    v1.2
    + Added "Modify EBOOT" box
    - This option lets you modify an already compiled EBOOT.PBP's ID/Title after the fact
    - See "Modify EBOOT Mode" for more info

*Modify EBOOT Mode
    This is useful for all the PSX_TO_PSP "releases" appearing that are not altering the save files properly. You can download them, load them in thi program, and modify their values before (or after) they are on your card.
    Scenes always flood with garbage at any breakthrough... cleaning up messes is needed.

1) Check the "Modify EBOOT mode" box
    2) Select "Fetch Existing EBOOT ID/title"
    3) Notice the EBOOT's current ID/title appear at the bottom. NOTICE IT! EYES!
    4) Edit the Disc ID boxes and Game title boxes as you desire
    5) If the new values are not the old ones, notice the NEW BUTTON APPEARS
    6) Click it and it'll tell you what you're changing. Hit "OK" and it'll change like *SNAP* that!
    7) You know it changed if the ID/Title boxes refresh with the new values
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T : the proper places and people deserve it

Awesome, I downloaded the last version, ran a quick test like yourself, only I used DISC 2 of FFVII with a savefile from DISC1, and it recognized it . On top of that, I kept my savefiles of Resi Evil and FF IX.

So in a nutshell : This works perfectly and no more save problems for anyone

EDIT: Just read the damn readme!!

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

soooo....this is.....what???

PSP Coder

GUI frontend for popstation

ok sorry for this if its off topic or if this doesnt belong here or what so ever but i updated to 3.02 OE-A after i downgrade my 2.80 PSP but i really did nt like it somuch because some of the game lag a little when playin online so i went back to 1.50 now with this new OE-B and the new PS1 emulator im desidin to go back to OE. well i got the psx2psp converter i also got a copy of alchol 120% and just made a copy of final fantasy 9 now here are my questions?

#1 after convertin the game for PSP where do u put it at in other words wuts the name of the folder or do i put it in the MS/root .

#2 wuts the key.bin and do i need it

#3 does psx2psp needs the hot shot golf and does it overwrite the save game

thats is it for now i guess

By converting games with this frontend, the new name still contains " ®2", wich belongs to the name "Hot Shots Golf ®2".

I guess many people trying to make frontends as fast as possible, but there's none yet wich is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by O-bake View Post
    By converting games with this frontend, the new name still contains " ®2", wich belongs to the name "Hot Shots Golf ®2".

I guess many people trying to make frontends as fast as possible, but there's none yet wich is perfect

??? ???

it didnt contain anything but the name i typed in , onscreen and on psp.

I now have muliple saves of PS1 games, and I can fetch the ID of my manually typed .. erm ... IDs for multiple Disc games... meaning I can play on without any problems. It works a charm.

this works perfect for me, i'll be using this from now on thanks smiths

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Fortunately, I didn't play much FF7 so I can rebuild the EBOOT.PBP

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    ??? ???

it didnt contain anything but the name i typed in , onscreen and on psp.

I now have muliple saves of PS1 games, and I can fetch the ID of my manually typed .. erm ... IDs for multiple Disc games... meaning I can play on without any problems. It works a charm.

this works perfect for me, i'll be using this from now on thanks smiths
    No, the tool doesn't show it and you can't see it on the PSP either, that's the problem.
    But if you look into the file with a hex editor, you can see it. And this may cause incompatibility with users, who converted their games correctly.

PSP Coder

There's no global compatibility with the GAME ID string as of yet.
    I've done reverse engineering and poking around to see how the thing is made up and basically I just decided a 15 character Game title string was fine enough until a standard is found.
    Some frontends go up to 128 characters.
    I just like to play it safe, but I understand what you're saying.

Until a standard is found, there is a chance that an eboot modified with one GUI will not save the same as an eboot modified with another.

The SLUS IDs can match (they're only 9 characters, that's set in stone), but the gamename string more than likely has to be the same length for each program

Welcome to the world of destandardization.

I'm just holding off as well since it's very likely we'll be seeing another version of popstation, or the psx emulator in firmware updated soon enough.

I'm not going to go overboard for something that'll probably be put into the core program sooner than later. (hence why I don't do the whole "icon0.png" stuff, since that can foreseeably be added to the popstation.exe command line itself at some point as a variable)

That's for dark_alex to decide, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information