ODAMEX v0.6.1 is released. ODAMEX is a modified Doom source port. Supported platforms are Windows, Mac, Linux and FreeBSD. It has been designed to allow client/server-based Doom gameplay over the Internet and LAN. It currently supports the traditional old-school style of Deathmatch and a Cooperative mode, but it also includes other game modes such as Teamplay and Capture the Flag. It also supports an array of editing features, including the BOOM map format, DeHackEd and BEX patch support and support for several additional music formats, such as MOD and OGG.
ODAMEX v0.6.1 Changelog:
General Odamex Changes:
- General bug fixes and code optimizations.
- Console optimizations. Includes a fix for aliases that contain parameters.
- New co_blockmapfix variable that fixes hit-scan collision on actors that overlap more than one blockmap. This is useful due to vanilla Doom having a bug that had some shots appear to hit but do not do the damage they are intended to.
- Added several ZDoom 1.23 actors, notably thing thrusters.
- The vanilla disk loading icon now displays when the in-game cache is being updated.
Odamex Client Changes:
- Renderer improvements.
- Added the allowing of arbitrary window sizes, as well as fixed a bug for the maximized non-fullscreen windows being cut off the bottom.
- A variety of spectator fixes and enhancements.
- New voice announcer system.
- Force enemy colors with r_forceenemycolor and color with r_enemycolor variables.
- Force team colors with r_forceteamcolor and color with r_teamcolor variables.
- Addition of turnspeeds command.
- Associating .odd files with the Odamex client will now load Odamex and automatically play the demo.
- Alt + F4 and closing the client via the window "X" no longer brings up the quit game prompt, it simple closes the client.
Odamex Server Changes:
- Added sv_maxplayersperteam.
- Addition of server lock, spectator, and team color icons in ag-odalaunch.
Odamex Launcher Changes:
- You can now right-click a server in Odalaunch to get a server's IP.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)