PCE.emu v1.4.29 for Android is released. PCE.emu is a free Android port of the PC-Engine emulator Mednafen. PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 (TG16) emulator based on Mednafen (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone and the Xoom, but works on many devices with similar specs.
* Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate (Note: Data swapped TG16 roms are not supported, see known issues on website for a fix if you're getting a black screen on load)
* Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states
* Supports ROM-based games in .pce and .sgx formats, optionally in .zip files
* CD emulation via loading CUE or TOC+BIN files, select a system card rom in the options
* CUE files support external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis & Wav (PCM, ADPCM, etc) formats
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch, up to 3 touches supported at once)
* Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
* Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support
* No user activation or other nonsense
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard). Enable the Direct Texture option if supported by your device to increase performance. On fast devices with 60hz displays like the Xoom, set frameskip to 0.
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps. Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
PCE.emu for Android v1.4.29 Changelog:
* Fixed crash on Samsung Galaxy Y (for 1.4.29)
* Updated to Mednafen 0.9.22-wip with some minor fixes and better CD error detection
* Fixed uneven scanline overlay effects
* Fixed a crash on some devices if buttons were held down when launching the app
* Improved multi-touch code (works with Xperia Play screen and others)
* Re-added trackball support
* Other fixes and optimizations
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)