Thread: Three million units sold?

Blog Entries

Rev Three million units sold?

VGCharts, the "premier source for videogame sales charts on the internet", has totaled worldwide Wii sales now in excess of three million units. The same list has Xbox 360 at 7.74 million, and the PS3 at a rather stunted 1.18 million. By comparison, other-unofficial-internet-tallying site NexGenWars has the three consoles at 9.18 million for the 360, only 2 million for the Wii, and 800,000 for the PS3.

Which should you believe? We're inclined to roll with VGCharts, which seems to have a very meticulous method of gathering numerical data. The competition uses an arbitrary "unit sold every x seconds" formula until the site owner can alter the data manually after press releases and official data; in the first week of sales, the Wii inexplicably went from 700,000 to 400,000 in the blink of an eye.

We all know that Nintendo promised four million worldwide by year's end, but over 75% delivered isn't such a terrible let-down. And hey! There are still five days left! C'mon, Nintendo, you can do it!

via wiifanboy

DCEmu Newbie

Given the recent stuff I see about VGCharts I'm less inclined to believe them, if the numbers are just so accurate it makes me question why they repeatedly have been posting links to there site from the NGW boards and trashing every sites numbers bar there own. It also makes me question there "sources" in there recent 3.19 million Wii's sold, supposedly announced by Nintendo, yet there is no link to the official statement (there source supposedly).

I could believe this as it is impossible to find one in Australia STILL!!

Nintendo wii has sold practically half the number of xbox360s sold . Looks like nintendo's gonna do some ass kicking in this next gen war

Thread Information