Developer neur0n, famous for his psp CFW “6.60 ME“, announced today on twitter that he got VHBL to run on his brand new Vita.

A few days ago, he had announced that he had a working user exploit on the vita, so getting VHBL to run sounded like the “logical” next step.

For those of you who don’t know yet, VHBL is a tool that runs PSP homebrews (emulators, fan made games…) on the Vita.

A few years ago, neur0n had already ported HBL to a new exploit and a new firmware (6.35 at the time).

Since then, he has contributed to the scene with his Custom Firmware 6.60 ME, and has also been an active developer for “pro CFW“. In other words, if he says he got VHBL to run on a new exploit, you can trust him

No word on a release yet, but if I would guess I would say that nothing will happen before firmware 1.80 is released. This announcement could be the “second exploit” I’ve been waiting for in order to plan a release for VHBL, but of course this is neur0n’s decision. I’ll try to contact him in the days to come to see what his plans are.

via http://wololo.net/2012/07/06/neur0n-...t-on-the-vita/