Xbox 720 will go on sale for $99 with a monthly TV subscription fee.
That's the prediction of games analyst Michael Pachter, who reckons that the recent offering of a $99 Xbox 360 with a two-year contractual monthly payment could be an insight into the future of Xbox.He also predicts all-encompassing media entertainment from the next MS console. Speaking at Develop, Pachter said, ""Console will have to be multiple purpose devices. The Xbox 720, this is my prediction, is going to be your television as well [as your game console]. You'll be able to tune into television through it."
He went on, "You wont need a 'smart TV' when you've got an Xbox 720, it will be your television and your internet. It's going to be open architecture and I think it's real trick will be that one Xbox will be able to display television to as many screens as you have in your possession.
"The next Xbox will be Windows for sure, and you'll be able to open up multiple TV channels in different windows and you'll use SmartGlass to shoot off different channels to how ever many screens you want. That is happening, that I'm certain of.
"I'm pretty confident that in the US Microsoft is going to partner with a cable TV provider, so I expect that the console will be priced like a smart phone. I expect you'll be paying $99 for the console with a cable TV subscription."
Does that sound like a future you'd be happy with?
The leaked 56-page document which outlines Microsoft's next-generation console master-plan is not a fake, a well-placed studio source told CVG. The leaked cache of information detailed Microsoft's hardware strategy for the so-called Xbox 720, exposing technological advances such as two Kinect sensors and "groundbreaking" Kinect Glasses tech.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ption-pachter/