Nintendo president Saturo Iwata has for the first admitted that the firm’s focus on 3D visuals for the 3DS will likely not be repeated with future machines.
“Now we’ve created the 3DS and 3DS XL and also have some games out there that are really using that 3D effect that we can see, from my point of view, that it’s an important element,” he toldThe Independent.
“But as human beings are this kind of surprise effect wears off quickly, and just have this 3D stereoscopic effect isn’t going to keep people excited.
“I think it’s an important element, it makes graphics more impactful, it proves a sense of immersion that 2D doesn’t have, so I would say generally that 3D is better than 2D.
“It’s nice to have good graphics but not necessarily on their own, so I don’t think we’ll present [3D graphics] as one of the key features of our consoles but will probably stick with 3D as one of the minor elements of our consoles in the future.?”
The 3D functionality of the 3DS formed the central message of Nintendo’s early marketing of the machine. However, in recent time the majority of its advertisements don’t mention the feature.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/3d-wi...ndhelds/099445