Outspoken American analyst Michael Pachter has issued the following damning verdict of Nintendo’s Wii U: “This isn’t going to work.”
The analyst issued his verdict at last week’s Develop Conference, according to Edge, telling the crowd:
"I don’t get it. I think that essentially this is a solution in search of a problem. I mean, somebody had an idea – 'let's make the controller a tablet' – and there aren't many games that are going to take advantage of that.
“[The Wii was] gimmicky. It worked, they got lucky. I don't think they're getting lucky with Wii U. I don't think [Nintendo] suck – I just think that they really believe that, 'If we're still novel, everything we do will work'. This isn't going to work.
"Hardcore gamers will buy them; hardcore Nintendo fanboys will buy it. They could put out a piece of cardboard and say that it'll play Mario and they'll buy it."
Pachter also claimed that Nintendo only decided to make the Pro Controller for the Wii U after the decision was forced on it by Activision.
He added: "Activision never said anything to me, but I know that [for] big games like Call Of Duty they said, 'No, we're not putting it on there if you don't give us a conventional controller'. So they gave in."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pacht...troller/099635