Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FW2.80 DownDate to FW2.71 for TA-079~086 PSP v0.01 By 0okm RELEASED

Alright. I just bricked my PSP 2.80 TA-082(really my brother's PSP) this morning @ 12:00am or so...Now the easy downgrader comes out....But I'm not mad.

I actually have a question though. I wanted to know if I buy a new motherboard, will this unbrick my PSP? Cuz the UP doesn't support TA-082. I'm pretty sure the motherboard will make it work again, but I just want to be extra sure. AGAIN, IF I BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD(ANY FIRMWARE), WILL MY PSP WORK AGAIN?
    Thanks ahead to the people that can answer me.
    Peace!

i think to be safe you should really buy another ta-082 motherboard just to make sure it is compatible with the rest of the components. i cant say for sure if another type of motherboard would be compatible but i can say a motherboard of the same type will 100% work.

on the plus side you can sell the motherboard to someone who wants to practice installing undiluted platinum so you should get most of the money back as well. just be sure you know what your doing if your installing the motherboard yourself - it could be even more damaged if not removed correctly.

Thanks Anger! I should've really read twice before I downgraded. I really thought it was from ta-079 through ta-089, so that was why i decided to downgrade. If i buy a motherboard, I'll be sure to look for ta-082 like mine to be 100% sure like you said.

Oh yeah, by the way, is installing the motherboard easy like installing the LCD screen? All the LCD really had were clip-ons, no soldering. I was just wondering if the motherboards were clip-ons also.

Thanks again, Peace!

yes they are all clip ons or mini plugs but the clips are cheap and can be damaged if done too many times or done carelessly. the technique is using the tip of a razor blade to lift the flaps carefully. if even one of them breaks the whole psp may need to be replaced. if however you have successfully removed the screen then i think you will have skill enough to do the whole thing. do a google search for psp dismantling and you should find videos of people that have done it so you know what to expect. the psp2tv that requires you to open your psp made a very good video showing most of the dismantling of the psp up to the point where they start to add the psp2tv wiring, and there are others - perhaps on youtube.

if anyone else knows if other motherboard types are compatible let hmong know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    yes they are all clip ons or mini plugs but the clips are cheap and can be damaged if done too many times or done carelessly. the technique is using the tip of a razor blade to lift the flaps carefully. if even one of them breaks the whole psp may need to be replaced. if however you have successfully removed the screen then i think you will have skill enough to do the whole thing. do a google search for psp dismantling and you should find videos of people that have done it so you know what to expect. the psp2tv that requires you to open your psp made a very good video showing most of the dismantling of the psp up to the point where they start to add the psp2tv wiring, and there are others - perhaps on youtube.

if anyone else knows if other motherboard types are compatible let hmong know.
    Thank You so much Anger! You've been a big help to me so far. I'm probably going to order the a motherboard. I've had no success finding them on PSP mod sites, except "ebay" but I'm probably going to order anyways.
    This one ebay seller has a new condition ta-081 motherboard w/v2.6, I asked him if it was compatible w/ mine and he answered back and said it should work. Should I go with him(item ends tommorow sometime), or buy the v1.5 motherboard selling for $89.99 + $9.99 buy rite now?

DCEmu Newbie

do u have to format ur psp memory stick for this? will this make my psp get bricked

hmong it really depends on how much you think it will be worth - weigh up the cost of a second hand complete psp against the cost of a motherboard.

the 1.5 in uk money is about £60 and we can get second hand psp's here for about £100 (which is roughly $180). i think you need a written guarantee that if it doesnt work you can get a full refund on it.

i think that it is taking a chance getting anything but a ta-086 because there are voltage differences but i dont know if those differences extend beyond the motherboard. common sense says that the boards are interchangeable but i wouldnt risk that kind of money on an experiment.

basically if you can get him to agree to a refund should it not work or not fit (dont break it lol) then you should probably try the 1.5, but if he says no to a refund then go for the safe option.

if you do get the 1.5 and discover that it doesnt actually physically fit then dont try and make it as it probably wont work.

@haaroon if you dont know how to downgrade then this isnt really for you because yes you can brick your psp.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    hmong it really depends on how much you think it will be worth - weigh up the cost of a second hand complete psp against the cost of a motherboard.

the 1.5 in uk money is about £60 and we can get second hand psp's here for about £100 (which is roughly $180). i think you need a written guarantee that if it doesnt work you can get a full refund on it.

i think that it is taking a chance getting anything but a ta-086 because there are voltage differences but i dont know if those differences extend beyond the motherboard. common sense says that the boards are interchangeable but i wouldnt risk that kind of money on an experiment.

basically if you can get him to agree to a refund should it not work or not fit (dont break it lol) then you should probably try the 1.5, but if he says no to a refund then go for the safe option.

if you do get the 1.5 and discover that it doesnt actually physically fit then dont try and make it as it probably wont work.

@haaroon if you dont know how to downgrade then this isnt really for you because yes you can brick your psp.
    I think i might try the v1.5 just for the hell of it(experiment) cuz it's as cheap as $70. Oh yeah and it's got a refund excluding shipping.
    I've also downgraded and upgraded a few times before. This is my first brick - Upgraded 1.5 to 2.0, then back to 1.5 and to 3.02oeb. Downgraded another 2.0, a 2.6, and a 2.71, both non-ta-082.
    Again thanks for your time Anger!

no problem - i like to think others would be as helpfull with me.
    good luck on it and let us all know how you get on.

I got a new psp one week ago how can I know if this is the right downgrader for me. i have version 3.95 on it and i'm new to this. Please Help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information