Thread: Nintendo working on MMO?

Blog Entries

Rev Nintendo working on MMO?

Nintendo is developing an unknown number of games with Korean developer Nexon, best known for its free-to-play massively-multiplayer online title, Maple Story, according to Korean news site JoongAng Daily.

The potential of Wii's online gameplay is still unclear, with Nintendo yet to release the required service details to developers for use in new games - the first Wii online titles are not expected for months. But Nexon's MMO background could suggest Nintendo is finally making a push into online gaming with Wii.

Nexon has already revealed that it is working on a DS version of Maple Story but the cartoonified, anime-style visuals would suit both handheld and console. And the characters could easily be exchanged for Mii-like designs, as with The Sims Wii and, according to rumours, Animal Crossing Wii. Watch this space.

via gameradar

DCEmu Newbie

Something like Maple Story might work rather well on two fronts:

1. This game could be put onto both the DS and the Wii - players could use the same username/characters so they can "game on the go" and then, when they get home, continue the game on the "big screen"

2. There's already the headset for the Nintendo DS - something that could easily be tied into the Wii version (say via a bluetooth headset). The game could then use this voice chat feature with "friends" (so you don't have some unknown butthead screaming obscenities in your ear).

I'd be curious to see one like this. I'm not into the MMO scene, but if done right it could be rather popular.

Lets just hope the game coming to Wii is better than that steaming pile of crap call Maple Story.

OMFG MS ON DS is my fdream!!!

*starts shaking violently with exitement!!* :rofl:

Thread Information