Poll: Will this make a nice desktop?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Desktop (if you guys aprove it)

Default My New Desktop (if you guys aprove it)

So I am pissed off at Windows so I am going to make a New desktop with 5 or 6 OSs (mainly linux) and here are the main parts im buyin. Please tell me if you think this will make a nice desktop:

Harddrive

Wireless Card
    Motherboard
    Power Supply
    Ram
    Case

P.S. Some parts are more important than others. Also I already have Dvd burner, etc.

The procesor and Ram are kinda slow dude. I like the tower though.

man you can buy a PC thats 5 times faster from compusa.com for less then what your paying in parts.

DCEmu Newbie

Get a AMD 64bit CPU and a 16x PCI - E graphics card and a mainboard capable of SATA II and DDR II ram.

I would recomend you go with an AMD setup, and buy from www.newegg.com if you can. I have never gotten a rebate back from tigerdirect and their shipping is a nightmare.

AMD would be a better bang for buck as long as your not looking for something top of the line, this is where intel shines. Get a sata drive instead of that IDE hard drive you can usually find them cheaper, and dont buy that DiabloTek powersupply unless you like your components well done.

Anyway look into an AMD single core, it would outperform that celeron D and would be cheaper, cooler, and more power efficent. A socket AM2 would be a smart move for a buget computer at this time and has nice future upgradability.

If your set on an intel then I would say save for a bit longer and buy something higher up.

well i thinking about those parts cause first i need a small desktop thats portable yet pretty powerful and i honestly dont do much besides internet, and some flash stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by abeisgreat View Post
    well i thinking about those parts cause first i need a small desktop thats portable yet pretty powerful and i honestly dont do much besides internet, and some flash stuff.
    If you need something portable, you will be better off with a notebook.

I already have a laptop with 3.20ghz w/500gb harddrive and 2gb of ram and I use it alot and I just wanted some that was cheap pretty powerful and if i needed i could move it

Quote Originally Posted by abeisgreat View Post
    I already have a 3.20ghz w/500gb harddrive and 2gb of ram and I use it alot and I just wanted some that was cheap pretty powerful and if i needed i could move it
    Then why not just get a notebook?????

He has a note book, he just wants to be able to move his PC? maybe ? lol, id sudjest a Mac Mini, there pretty portable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information