Last year's Twisted Metal reboot "sold fine," says creative director David Jaffe. "Not a dud, not a hit," he adds. "It was not a mega blockbuster or even a big hit (was it even a 'hit'?...not sure what is in between 'dud' and 'hit' but I think TM PS3 falls into that category)." He stops short of offering any specific sales numbers, but notes, "I hope Sony will be satisfied that it made a decent investment in the game and in us."

It's unclear how large of a financial investment Sony made in the Twisted Metalreboot, but it apparently wasn't enough to keep Jaffe's Eat Sleep Play studiofrom facing cuts following the launch last year. Jaffe himself also left the company; he is now pursuing free-to-play games.

Jaffe also outlines eerily specific plans for another Twisted Metal franchise entry, saying it'd be digital-only and aggressively truncated. "But again, this is just me pie in the sky thinking out loud," he notes. "None of this is planned."Mmmmhmmmm, Mr. Jaffe. We've heard that song before.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/01/tw...ud-says-jaffe/