Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any fully detailed FAQ's for using a PSX Emu on PSP? I am completely new.

Question Is there any fully detailed FAQ's for using a PSX Emu on PSP? I am completely new.

I asked this on another part of the forum but i figured i would ask here too:

I am far from new to computer literacy, but I am new to PSP emulation. I was wondering if there is a step-by-step FAQ to how to get my PSP to run PSX games.

I tried to search for some FAQ's but it seems that alot of them are using lingo outside of my understanding and I dont want to brick my PSP without understand what the hell I just did to it.

If it helps, my PSP is a launch console. I know I will more than likely need to downgrade my firmware, and i need to check which motherboard i have, but I wanted to know if there is an FAQ so i know where to start and where to end. There are several games I am dying to play again.

Thank you for any and all help!

Please begin by telling me exactly which firmware you have. If it is 2.80 or lower, please open up your UMD drive and look for the letters "IC1003" on the right green part inside your PSP. If it is NOT there, you are good on downgrading and other stuff which you will get help with later.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

I have firmware 3.01

Those letters are not on the upper green part of the inside of the psp.

what would I do now?

Ypur are my friend royaly screwed for updating that far. sorry for how this sounds but it's true man sorry.

you cant downgrade once you upgrade that far?

not yet but do not upgrade anymore ull have to wait a while i waited 6 months for a dg for my 2.80 TA-082 psp so keep waitin dude.

DCEmu Newbie

i wont poste a new topic so i will ask here....

can someone explain (need a guide) how to make everything wright to play PSX games (installation etc.)

i have the 3.02 oe-B firmware (well ...I'm working on it) and i hope that with ''original'' psp games wont be a problem (put on ms--->start from xbm-game-memory stick)

but how does it has to be with psx games (what do i need)???

if anyone knows if that kind of guide already exists plz just point me in that direction....if not plz help!

thx

newb question but can u downgrade if u do these custom firmwares. i just downgraded from 2.8 (yay)to 1.5 and updated again to 2.0.

Why update to 2.0

PSN ID: splodger15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information