Thread: Super Mario Bros. on UK VC

Blog Entries

Rev Super Mario Bros. on UK VC

Like the belt buckles of a Hawaiian marathon-runner who's been denied water for a week, Europe's Virtual Console line-up found a couple of notches it couldn't previously reach overnight.

Clearly visible at the summit of the New Additions page are NES classic Super Mario Bros., which will set you back 500 Wii points, alongside the TurboGrafx-16's Motoroader (which I must confess I've never played) at 600 points.

What's that in real currency? Well, Wii points vary in price depending on how many you buy, but cards sold in the shops give you 2000 for GBP 14.99, with smaller and larger increments sold for vaguely fitting totals directly through the Wii Shop.

As for the games, NES titles uniformly go for 500 points, TurboGrafx seems to vary between 600 and 800, while Super Nintendo and Megadrive reach 800 and Nintendo 64 titles - of which there's only one around here so far, Super Mario 64 - go for 1000.

via eurogamer

DCEmu Newbie

Woolworths do the cards for £13.99 for 2000

I have downloaded a few for nostalgia sake, but most are not good value, 800 points seems too high for megadrive, I think 500 for nes and tg and 600(maybe 700) for megadrive and snes would have been more appealling. 1000 for N64 is good value imo, especially the likes of mario 64, mario kart64, pilot wings, zelda etc..

Is that it?? two games!! Please tell me there are more!!

Thread Information