Thread: Super Mario Bros. on Aussie Wiis

Blog Entries

Rev Super Mario Bros. on Aussie Wiis

via ign

Okay, so it landed a couple of weeks late when compared with the US release, and sure, it's a fairly steep 500 points. But we're talking about the venerable Super Mario Bros. It's an NES staple that helped plant the Mario franchise in the minds of gamers everywhere.

It's an identical port of the NES version of the game, too, so those hoping for the graphically tweaked SNES All Stars version, or the added extras of the Game Boy Color rendition will be a little disappointed.

Of course, for the completist gamer who simply must own this 20 year-old game in absolutely every way, shape and form it is made available in, step right up. Meanwhile, we're still hanging out for the Virtual Console floodgates to open and the titles waiting in the eaves to spill forth, like so much 'golden era' goodness. As it stands, however, we must unfortunately continue to endure the ongoing trickle for the foreseeable future.

Cool Is it just me or ...........

Hi All,

Probably not the right thread, but I'll go on anyways….

Is it just me or does it feel like games are taking forever to come to the Wii? I’m sure people didn’t have to wait this long when the Xbox and PS came out. Now I’m in no way saying that I’d rather have an Xbox or something else, as I love my Wii. It just seems that most games are heading for the end of 2007, which would tie in nicely with the rumoured 2nd edition of the Wii. I guess that’s the problem when you jump onto a new consol as soon as it comes out. You end up paying 20% more for it with less features and end up choosing from a limited amount of games. (Does one feel as if Nintendo rushed a bit?) Those that purchase the Wii towards the end of 2007 are going to be in the best position. So for the time being I'm stuck with the few titles out, which if you are like myself, more than half don’t even appeal to me.

Anyways….I feel a lot better… ;-) Thanks for listening.

Crimson
    Understanding but frustrated Wii User

Has anyone downloaded the UK version yet? I got it the other day, and it seems to play much faster than the original...even the music is faster.

Anyone else found this?

No it seemed fine to me (Im in the UK as well)

To be honest though I have never played the original, original on the NES. I have however played the ROM on a million different things and have played the various re makes on Gameboy and so forth. They all seem pretty similar.

Thread Information