Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant run PSX-games in 3.03OE

DCEmu Newbie

Default Cant run PSX-games in 3.03OE

Ok, here goes.

I just updated from fw 1.5 to 3.03 OE custom firmware. The thing is, when i try to play psx-games the machine just starts to load, gives me the black screen and then sends me back to the XMB saying "the game couldnt be loaded".

eboot and .keys files are in the right place.
    Anybody got an idea what the problem is or has anyone had similar problems? Im thinking i cant be alone with this. Im either really stupid or the owner of a posessed PSP. Help needed.

NO ISO talk on the forum

PSN ID: splodger15

yup, same problem here

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15 View Post
    NO ISO talk on the forum
    he didnt say anything about .isos

plus, where the **** do you think everyone got their Hot Shots Golf 2 game file. dont even say ps3

I didn't need to download that Hot Shots 2 game to obtain the base.pbp and key.bin files. After a lengthy search, I found them in a neat little package somewhere on the Internet. For me, I have custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and have no problem running PSX games on my PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkada View Post
    Ok, here goes.

I just updated from fw 1.5 to 3.03 OE custom firmware. The thing is, when i try to play psx-games the machine just starts to load, gives me the black screen and then sends me back to the XMB saying "the game couldnt be loaded".

eboot and .keys files are in the right place.
    Anybody got an idea what the problem is or has anyone had similar problems? Im thinking i cant be alone with this. Im either really stupid or the owner of a posessed PSP. Help needed.
    did you make sure to follow word from word the read me or a guide to help to see what your doing wrong. maybe you should try a gui to help with the conversion if youre inexperianced with the command prompt.

Y'know, there's a good chance your PS1 game is simply broken.
    Well, I think that's only true if the Playstation logo appears. I've had games where the Playstation logo would appear but then I'd just get a black screen and I'd be sent back to the .XMB. That particular game wouldn't work, but a different game would work just fine. I've gotten both Medal of Honors, all of the Command and Conquers and Warcraft 2 working, but I hadn't managed to get an Army Men game to work, probably because the format I dumped it in.

Quote Originally Posted by YKB View Post
    I didn't need to download that Hot Shots 2 game to obtain the base.pbp and key.bin files. After a lengthy search, I found them in a neat little package somewhere on the Internet. For me, I have custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and have no problem running PSX games on my PSP.
    well, obviously you did, because the base.pbp is the hotshots 2 game file. congrats! your a pirate. not meant to be funny

Default Psx2psp

I have successfully converted Tekken 2 to an EBOOT using the PSX2PSP tool without having to download the Hot Shots 2 files. I think they are included in the program, though :thumbup:

holy grey area batman. Unless you have a ps3 and payed for the hotshots golf game, you are a pirate to get this psx emulation going. No two ways about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information