Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWCHEAT 0.1.6 REV.F FOR 3.03OE POPS (PSX EMULATOR) with USB SUPPORT

Blog Entries

psp CWCHEAT 0.1.6 REV.F FOR 3.03OE POPS (PSX EMULATOR) with USB SUPPORT

New release from Weltall

This is a new version of cwcheat for pops which finally enables again usb support in pops.
    Usb was missing because usb.prx is missing from the reboot process of the pops mode so if you tried to load a cwcheat (or another prx) with usb imports you couldn't get it to load (it was discarded by the kernel).
    So in this version i'm offering two more builds with usb support enabled and a readme which explains you how to load usb.prx into your psp in pops mode (i couldn't add usb.prx to the archive for two reason first of all it's different for every psp and second it's illegal distribuiting it)

anyway except this new function there were various fix to reported problems, a new id identifier function, complete support to 303OE also with mc working and with more error reporting and finally a suggestion: put cwcheat bus/cpu mhz to 0 (which is now the default) because the sony psx emulator has a sort of dynamic overclocking which can't work if you set a cpu/bus frequence and with 0 set in cwcheat it's clock management functions are disabled.

Enjoy

0.1.6 REV. F for 3.03OE/POPS
    -reworked the id loading function now it *should* work in any case
    -now if selected 0 as cpu/bus mhz the clock isn't set and it's left to the sony emulator (SUGGESTED!)
    -fixed memory card functions to work on 3.03 Emulator
    -NOW USB SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE IN CWCHEAT (READ THE USB SUPPORT README)
    -added a little faq in english
    -fixed the db save functions
    -now the mc loader/saver shows more information and shows if the operation went fine
    -other things here and there

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

i really dont wanna cheat.........but i want to transfer my saves from my computer to my psp and back!!!! I NEED help in doing this CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!! jus do a quik simple tutorial for me......jus to transfer/ convert.......please, it is really appreciated thanks

Default Ahh nice...

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    New release from Weltall

This is a new version of cwcheat for pops which finally enables again usb support in pops.
    Usb was missing because usb.prx is missing from the reboot process of the pops mode so if you tried to load a cwcheat (or another prx) with usb imports you couldn't get it to load (it was discarded by the kernel).
    So in this version i'm offering two more builds with usb support enabled and a readme which explains you how to load usb.prx into your psp in pops mode (i couldn't add usb.prx to the archive for two reason first of all it's different for every psp and second it's illegal distribuiting it)

anyway except this new function there were various fix to reported problems, a new id identifier function, complete support to 303OE also with mc working and with more error reporting and finally a suggestion: put cwcheat bus/cpu mhz to 0 (which is now the default) because the sony psx emulator has a sort of dynamic overclocking which can't work if you set a cpu/bus frequence and with 0 set in cwcheat it's clock management functions are disabled.

Enjoy

0.1.6 REV. F for 3.03OE/POPS
    -reworked the id loading function now it *should* work in any case
    -now if selected 0 as cpu/bus mhz the clock isn't set and it's left to the sony emulator (SUGGESTED!)
    -fixed memory card functions to work on 3.03 Emulator
    -NOW USB SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE IN CWCHEAT (READ THE USB SUPPORT README)
    -added a little faq in english
    -fixed the db save functions
    -now the mc loader/saver shows more information and shows if the operation went fine
    -other things here and there

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    Very nice! I have to say been using this program for the past several weeks now and it has to be one of my fav progs. Love how it loads cheats from a database and the ePSXe\.mcr support is so very helpful can check on my saves from years back. :thumbup:

One thing was curious about tho when downloading the database from the web addy its still called cheat.db and has no psx games that I can see, so is there a database to download somewhere that is strictly for psx so I can download it and name it cheatpops.db?
    Thanks for any help and once again thanks for cwcheat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kvonx View Post
    i really dont wanna cheat.........but i want to transfer my saves from my computer to my psp and back!!!! I NEED help in doing this CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!! jus do a quik simple tutorial for me......jus to transfer/ convert.......please, it is really appreciated thanks
    -From the readme with some addition from me as well to make it a lil easier for those who might not know(btw after you set it up and have loaded your game past the ps1 logo press and hold select to open up cwcheat):

-------------------------------------------------------------
    INSTALLATION/MANUAL/EASY
    -------------------------------------------------------------

1-copy the folders under MS_ROOT(from your cwcheat folder) in your memory stick ROOT X:\ (which is the main folder not the PSP folder)

2-power up your psp while pressing R

3-go to advanced -> Advanced configuration

4-Enable by pressing X on Plain modules in UMD/ISO

5-select back for two times

6-Select plugins

7-Press X over cwcheatpops.prx [POPS] it will say ENABLED
    NB: if a (disabled) appears under the cwcheatpops prx entry it's a glitch of the recovery don't mind it

8-exit recovery and enjoy

Memory Card Support

-An example of the renamed .mcr file of final fantasy VII disc 1(from ePSXe\memcards folder): SCUS_94163-0.mcr
    (if you did a custom game id then itd be customgame_id-0.mcr etc the psp saves use these ids as well)

-The -0 is the number cwcheat uses to recognize the file and it can be 0-255 only nothing else its discussed more below. You have to select which card to load in cw cheat 0-255 are your options.

-A full list of game ids can be found here:Full list of PS1 GameIDs

-This new function of cwcheat is available just above return to game in the in game menu of cwcheat
    and it's called Manage memory cards.

-When you select this menu you will see 5 options and a selected memory card.

-the selected memory card is composed of the id of the game a - and a number and finally the epsxe extension
    (yes they are epsxe compatible files you can open them with every decent memory card editor for psx and
    epsxe itself)

-You can change the number of the memory card by pressing LEFT and RIGHT: you can have up to 255 memory cards per game

Then for the options:

-Save memory card 1 to memory stick:

-This will take the memory card loaded in the psp emu in slot 1 and copy it in the selected memory card(saves your x:\psp\savedata\game_id\memcard1.dat from the save on your psp to a game_id-#.mcr file in x:/seplugins/cwcheat/mc/ folder on your psp for use with ePSXe etc)

-Save memory card 2 to memory stick:

-This will take the memory card loaded in the psp emu in slot 2 and copy it in the selected memory card(saves your x:\psp\savedata\game_id\memcard2.dat from the save on your psp to a game_id-#.mcr file in x:/seplugins/cwcheat/mc/ folder on your psp for use with ePSXe etc)

-Load memory card 1 from memory stick:

-This will load the selected memory card in the psp emulator memory card in slot 1(Loads your game_id-#.mcr from the save in x:/seplugins/cwcheat/mc/ folder on your psp so that you can save it to the memcard1.dat file[from within the game your playing] in x:\psp\savedata\game_id folder on your psp for use with popstation etc)

-Load memory card 2 from memory stick:

-This will load the selected memory card in the psp emulator memory card in slot 2(Loads your game_id-#.mcr from the save in x:/seplugins/cwcheat/mc/ folder on your psp so that you can save it to the memcard2.dat file[from within the game your playing] in x:\psp\savedata\game_id folder on your psp for use with popstation etc)

-Exit will return to the main cwcheat menu

Some notes:
    -Once your done make sure to save from within the game so you dont have to reload the memory card in cwcheat

-Memory cards(from ePSXe) are all copied in the x:/seplugins/cwcheat/mc folder on your psp for use with cwcheat.

-Remember that if you want to make permanent loaded memory cards in the emulator memory cards you need
    to do some write operations (do a new save, delete a save, overwrite a save, whathever) on the memory card that you want to write to the emulator own memory cards. if you don't do this you will need to reload the memory card with cwcheat the next time you load the game

-If cwcheat shows file open/size error or something like that memory cards wont work or could be corrupt etc. check that's all fine

--format for cwcheat: game_id-#.mcr

--format for ePSXe: epsxe000.mcr=memorycard slot 1
    epsxe001.mcr=memorycard slot 2

--You must rename it both ways or the program you use wont recognize it.

Enjoy this new function
    Hope this helps someone revised for easier reading

DCEmu Pro

Yeh I really love this CWCheat, it fixed many of my PSX Eboots I made

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kvonx View Post
    This is what it does, aswell, you can transfer game saves.

Read the readme that comes with it.

Cloudy

thanks bra i'll try it now

nice. another release.

alright, another upgrade to an awesome app. definently digging the 0 as cpu/bus mhz, could make some games work better.

DS User

the sony psx emulator has a sort of dynamic overclocking
    Somehow I knew it
    Too much play time for a crappy rechargeable battery if it really was hard clocked at 333Mhz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information