Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best solution for multi disc psx games?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Best solution for multi disc psx games?

which is the best way of playing games spread out over more than 1 cd? could you also tell me how do to any of these disc swap operations, id really like to play through ff7 and then onto other titles.

ive read about taking memory card out and swapping discs, using a pc emu (which seems quite time consuming?) and also megring the iso's into 1, which sounds the best if it works.

thanks

Give each disc the same gameid so they can read the same memory card, then when it comes to changing the disc save, and pop the next iso in.

For games that dont allow you to save before changing discs you will need cwcheat. I've not used it so read the readme that comes with it to work out how.

cwcheat is...slightly confusing to me, and it requires devhook (something I don't have on my PSP at all) so I was personally wondering if anyone has developed a memorycard converter that will allow you to read it on your PC emulator, play past the disc change, and then save and convert back and load the new disc?

DCEmu Newbie

yeah i dont have devhook and dont really wanna put it on. hmm

some games, like parasite eve, can be combined into a single iso so that there is no need to swap discs

Quote Originally Posted by irishwhip View Post
    some games, like parasite eve, can be combined into a single iso so that there is no need to swap discs
    Care to share the knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by SketchPCIS View Post
    Care to share the knowledge?
    A patch was release for Parasite Eve to combine the discs. The author is supposedly working on a few other multi-disc patches too.

Since FFVII lets you save between discs, simply give all the games the same game id. When it asks you to insert the next disc, simply exit and load the disc 2 eboot, load up the end of disc 1 save and voila!

Also, you don't need DevHook to use CWCheat. Simply put the "seplugins" folder in the root of you psp. Then enter recovery mode, go to plugins and enable CWCheat. When playing a game, hold down select for 3 seconds to enter the CWCheat menu.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

I finally got cwcheat to work (For some reason, simply installing it the way you said (Ya know...following the readme files...lol) did NOT work...but the new compilation release worked fine) and simply played the game until I was able to save on Disc 2.

It's a little inconvenient, but it -works- so that's the most important part :P

I may go with the patch instead of doing that for other games if he releases them, so it looks like it's just a matter of time before the multidisc issue is a thing of the past.

I just named them all the same and with the same game id, gave them all the same icon, but put a different pic1.png in for each (disc1 midgar, disc2 sephiroth in flame, disc3 crater explosion) and put them in ms0:\psp\game\ffvii disc1, ms0:\psp\game\ffvii disc2, etc. This way I can tell the difference between them while browsing through the xmb.

I was wondering how you switch discs.I'm playing driver 2 and thats a 2 disc game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information