Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial? gpSP kai jp 2.9 - GBA Emulator for PSP

it states that with the right bios, nds and cube is a possibility , yea, its possible, at maybe 2 fps and so many graphical glitches that it would be rendered unplayable . Anything is possible, its just how well it gets pulled off that matters

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Coder

The problem isn't that, it's the guy doing stupid and pointless changes just to gain attention.

I mean, at least if it was USEFUL... and if his idea was to really HELP he'd contact Exophase instead of doing bananas like that.

I'd bet Exophase's going to close the source soon, or at least only give it to people he trusts...

Quote Originally Posted by SpooForBrains View Post
    Unfortunately, this is the nature of open source software. Some of the libraries that Exo uses in gpsp are licensed under the GPL, which means that he has to release the source to his project if he wants to use them.
    There are NO GPL licenses there... it's just zlib (zlib license, non-restrictive) and SDL (LGPL).

He might run into trouble with SDL if it's statically linked, but getting rid of SDL is easy.

Also he made the emulator open source because he wanted, not due to "libraries forcing it". If that was the case he wouldn't use said libraries in the first place.

Also, the part about NDS/Cube is completely off. There's NO WAY of emulating a DS with gpSP, well except most of it (since a small part is the GBA hardware). GameCUbe as it seems was someone joking or something...

The translation is probably wrong. Calm down people, NDS emulation is *-*NEVER*-* going to happen. Don't worry with dual screens or touch screens, you won't get 2FPS. It's like emulating a PS2 on an XBOX or better yet, emulating a Wii in a PS3 (although that last one is probably more feasible than NDS on PSP).

I think the possibility for such things would be swell, but lets not stray from the point that Exophase wasn't too impressed with unofficial versions of gpSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus View Post
    The problem isn't that, it's the guy doing stupid and pointless changes just to gain attention.

I mean, at least if it was USEFUL... and if his idea was to really HELP he'd contact Exophase instead of doing bananas like that.

I'd bet Exophase's going to close the source soon, or at least only give it to people he trusts...
    Agreed! Takka is just doing these updates for pure attention. If he were really serious about helping out he would ask exophase for his latest work and update his changes to there, then send it back to exophase for a final official release.....

DCEmu Legend

These unofficial releases have been garbage. No offense to Takka but he is clearly not respecting the wishes of Exophase. I've seen first-hand how hard Exophase works on gpSP. Especially with the latest release, gpSP 0.9.

Now this release is claiming a "possibility" of NDS and Game Cube emulation? Get real.

Clearly stating the possibility of such things is just for attention and recognition.

The current official release from Exophase is fantastic. I will be staying with official releases. Get the official release here:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gpsp-0-9...ed--46046.html

In previous versions of unofficial things have in fact been useful, I in fact remember exophase himself mentioning something was useful in the code that he would look into. Also as the source code is open (and hopefully it will stay that way) the only requirement of this person is to hopefully credit exophase on every release.

I am not knocking exophase, but even so, technically this coder is doing nothing wrong and shouldnt be looked scornfully upon. He is not stealing code and is not violating gpl unlike some coders, and sadly some that even visit dcemu.

I myself will use the official exophase release but you shouldnt bash this coder.

Also from what i read (and i might be wrong) he suggested support of the nds bios rom. Sounds like a feat, but he dosnt seem to even hint at emulating commercial roms. pre dec 2006 bluecrabs wonderfull port of the sega saturn emulator to the Dreamcast only emulated the the bios and nothing else (as far as i know) so it isnt exactly unheard of. I imagine the bios requires less of the hardware or processing power when compared to a commercial rom.

I've actually been using the kai 2.6 version of gpSP and found it to run more roms than gpSP09. *Shrugs* I just thought I should show some appreciation to Takka since everyone seems to be bashing on him/her and it’s worked great for me. Thanks!!!

I think ppl should just stick to the official releases this one is just pointless. By the way i really need help using the cheat function on gpSP 0.9 plz pm me or email me with some info on how ta use it.(i have read the readme and im still confused!)

I personally don't get what all the fuss is about. It's pretty clear this isn't exo's version, and exo can sit back sound in the knowledge that his version is better, or at least that these versions offer little of value to people, and that people will continue to use and enjoy his future releases. I know which of the two versions I use.

DCEmu Newbie

anyone know how to disable the sound on gpsp? coz i wna play yugi and listen to mp3's.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information