Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial? gpSP kai jp 2.9 - GBA Emulator for PSP

"Who do you think they will complain to"
    you must be kidding. No user should feel able to complain being it for the official or unofficial version.
    Takka is only fulfilling requests done to him either on his BBS or via email and frankly i thank him for that.
    Personally i wouldn't be using Kai if i could set path for roms/saves/cfg files in the official client, but that's just me. besides the latest supports many languages now.
    Changes seem to only be cosmetic so far so it should be easy to EXO to copy them to his builds if he wishes to.
    Later,

TSR

DCEmu Regular

Anything that adds extra hassle to a dev in a scene as full of morons as this one is bad in my humble opinion.

It was painful to watch the idiots who hounded strmnrnmn day by day.

As I've said though I believe that a lot of the issues that have arisen here have been as a result of miscommunication.

Quote Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
    Anything that adds extra hassle to a dev in a scene as full of morons as this one is bad in my humble opinion.
    Well there are multiple answers to this problems.
    You can:

A) Find all the stupid people that are in the psp scene and destroy these peoples computers and psps. (at least 60% of them are stupid people that comment on anything without actually knowing anything about the topic at hand).

B) Buy a Dreamcast and forget this scene ever existed.

C) Blow up the planet

or

D) Continue to see a doctor constantly to avoid the possibility of an aneurysm.

Seriously thats like all the choices you got...

DCEmu Regular

3 hours of "destroy me" final doom a day seems to do the trick. :P

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
    I beg to differ some of them are, the re-inclusion of the analogue for a start. Do you know how ignorant most of the people in the scene are? Who do you think they will complain to about this if they have problems? How does this help Exophase out except to give him more grief?
    Again, if something's wrong with your joystick then you don't have to use this version, but for everyone else the ability to use analog in the menu is a positive. How is this counter-productive again?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Again, if something's wrong with your joystick then you don't have to use this version, but for everyone else the ability to use analog in the menu is a positive. How is this counter-productive again?
    Well I don't want to go on about it too much as I understand different people have different viewpoints, however its my opinion that the majority of users of this software are of the type that if they did have a broken analogue situation they would simply assume it was a problem with the programme and add extra hassle for Exophase. You might think that this isn't the case and perhaps its a result of helping Newbies here and on Maxconsole for the past few months I might be getting slightly jaded but many seem either devoid of patience and initiative, or lack understanding of any of the basic concepts of computing.

I'll give one example, I have seen approximately 100+ posts on various BBS asking Dark Alex to improve the compatibility of the PSX POPS emulator for the PSP, even though all the release guides specify that this is the Official Sony emulator (and therefore we don't have the source code to actually change). Perhaps its not the best example but its the first that came to mind. I saw another thread demanding that someone should change N64 roms to work with POPS and then several people joined in in agreement....

Anyhow I'd rather agree to disagree on this issue as its just personal opinion. I don't mean to belittle anyone that actually gets use out of the kai release.
    Its ultimately a shame that Takka and Exophase couldn't work together. I do know however that I'd rather see Exophase release a final version first than see any Kai versions whilst its still a beta WIP.

Kind regards.

DCEmu Regular

I'll give you that, the PSP scene does seem to attract a lot of n00bs for whatever reason. Its too bad, if that's causing a lot of devs to shy away from the scene.

Exo I have played with your emulator every night before bed ever since you first released it. Its alot but I have in my possesion every gameboy game made. So I have been doing alot of catching up. So far I have sifted through 2400 games, and there are still more. Hopefully thats enouph thanks to keep you smiling

Its probably just me but Im having touble getting this emulator to work at all. Where do all of these files go anyway? 1.5 firmware

DCEmu Newbie

can i play pokemon red mystery dungeon on my 2.8 psp using this

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information