Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UnOfficial? gpSP kai jp 2.9 - GBA Emulator for PSP

Blog Entries

psp UnOfficial? gpSP kai jp 2.9 - GBA Emulator for PSP

Takka has released a new Unnoficial Version of Exophases excellent GBA Emulator for the PSP.

Now we suggest you just use Exophases Last Release which was from a few weeks ago for stability etc.

for the curious heres whats new in this Unnoficial Version:

translation via elation

# Adding the clock indication/the battery remaining amount indication with the menu
    # When ending it tried to reset to 222MHz
    # When returning to the game from the menu, it tried the button inside the game
     (It returns being the point in time when the button is released)
    # Adding the movement every of 5 lines with the R/L button when the selecting ROM and the like
    # It depends on the information which was moved aside to BBS, around /mips_stub RTC. The correction of S
    # Referring to the registry of PSP in the indicatory format of day and time
    # 1.5 Folder name of business it corresponds to damage file non indication
    # With BIOS of proper GBA/NDS starting possibility
    # " The _ “was inserted in ROM name of the file name of statesave and between slot numbers
     Please rename the old statesave file
    # Graphics of the menu/adding screen shot performance to setting of sound
     In the folder which with PNG RGB 24bit type sets with dir.cfg, it is retained at ROM file name + date time
    # Adding the operation with the analog key at the time of the menu
    # The modification of message.cfg/dir.cfg which is accompanied on description above
    # In order to be easy to customize the menu screen, order of message was replaced
    # Addition of the translation of message.cfg
    # Adding reading [chitohuairu] to the menu
    # It corresponds to non cryptographic [chito]
     As for format

direct_v? [chito] name AAAAAAAA DDDDDDDD

direct_v? With the identifier for non code, with v1 for PAR V1/V2 you can use the data before the encoding PAR V3 with v3
     AAAAAAAA operator cord/code/address and DDDDDDDD data
    # Libpng is needed for the build from the source

Download Via Comments

uh oh, didn't Exophase complain of knockoff of gpsp of his by other coders. As always though I respec good work and this is, undeniably, some good work.

DCEmu Newbie

Do we know if exophase gave permission this time? He said that he would get pissed off at any news site that posts a crappy unsupported version.

I say lets wait for exophase to get back on this one instead of jumping the gun ourselves. im pretty sure he will post here very soon.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Yeah, come on. Exophase was pissed. Let's respect the man's wishes please. Ask permission.

As i coder im all for inprovements, but it would be better for takka to go to exophase first and ask him if its okay to release a unofficial version......

Maybe even just work the inprovements into exophases most recent works and send it back to exophase, that way it will be part of a official release, and takka would aviod flamming as he's helping exophase directly. At least thats what i would do.

I don't see any inprovements to the emulators game compatibility or is it just me, seems he just inproved a bunch of menu stuff...

he mentioned if proper use of NDS BIOS, there might be a possibility of nintendo DS emulation

Quote Originally Posted by alucard001 View Post
    he mentioned if proper use of NDS BIOS, there might be a possibility of nintendo DS emulation
    Yepp, in fact he modificated it so that you can launch GameCube games with it if you got a proper BIOS file. But they didn't translate that from his changelog.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of open source software. Some of the libraries that Exo uses in gpsp are licensed under the GPL, which means that he has to release the source to his project if he wants to use them.

This, in turn, means that anyone can take the source and build their own project around it, or just repackage it. Unfortunately, that's how it goes. Were there trademarks involved, then the new project would have to be released under a different name, but there aren't, so it doesn't.

That's the POINT of Open Source. Without that, the libraries (and indeed the compiler) wouldn't have existed to build the project in the first place.

However, if Exo's project is better and more stable, that's what people will use, and, generally speaking, it is and they do.

um... NDS emulation would be weird.. how would we use the touchy part? :P but anyway, i see no difference with this release and exos original, i am still going to use exo's until he releases a new one some time. i am totally fine with the one i am using tho, no probs wt it

also! game cube would sooooo nooottttt be stable at all on psp, but i hope there is some way that its posible... also the games would take up the whole memory stick, so i doubt its posible

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information