Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Support the DCEmu revival campaign!

I have noticed one can not send a message to wraggster. He rarely ever replies to posts. My current conclusion is most of the time wraggster has a bot posting news from RSS feeds under his name..

Hmm. :/

So dcemu is practically automated now....

Yeah, basically that what we think and if he's actually typing something without the bot in place you'll be able to tell from the way he does writes the posts.

I'm here sorta, after several years of not checking in.

Wow I remember you!! Long time no see!!

Welcome to the revival brother. Rome wasn't built in a day. And dcemu won't come back over night but ever member that comes back to the ship is one step closer to that revival!

DCEmu Regular

Bashing Wraggster will get you nowhere (probably). Let's work down the list of things we want from the OP. We need to talk about HOW they are going to be accomplished.
    My personal concern is the downloads section. More for the pointers back to the authors and source code. Those two pieces of information could be valuable to other projects on future machines.

The problem is.. a lot of us ex staffers worked harder then he ever did and ran this place with very little help. Our only thanks was none. And to be dissrespected by wraggster ignoring the very people that helped him build this place is quite unacceptable...

There is no need for bashing that is true. Nor is wraggster bashing us.. but there are a few truely unjust acts that need to be addressed. And kissing wraggsters ass is not in the cards..

DCEmu Regular

Why does this smell like dcemulation.com all over again? Say it isn't so.

Well.. anything is in the realm of possibility.. but my intentions where to help save this particular site.. I and many others are awfully fond of it.. the problem is wraggster just doesn't seem to care about the wishes of the community.. and to be honest. Even if wraggster did have a complete change of heart and allow his staff their proper rights. He has still racked up a lot of bad karma over the years by treating hard working staffers as disposable labor... if wraggster was a very intelligent business man. He would disappear and come back under a different name deny all knowledge of the wraggster persona and put the proper amount of power trust and responsibility into his staff that they deserve..

And I say this all from a business based on add revenue perspective alone... just the persona of wraggster has wracked up so much negativity that people just don't want to deal with him..

He really isn't a bad guy.. but his vision of dcemu and treatment of people and actions under the persona of wraggster have cost him untold numbers of money in add revenue.. a smart man would change everything even the persona of wraggster and fix this mess if even for his own bank account....

Guymelef, I'm inclined to say this sounds most likely Dcemulation.com all over again and could possibly end up the same way if things here don't change for the better in the not too distant future.

I wonder if wraggster thought of this from a logical business sense dcemu could be a much more successful web site..
    A successfully web site must do at least one thing to be considered successful ,it must at the very least make enough money to support itself.

One is forced to resize that running a website is a business..

A good quality website these days ,to be successful must be maintained and updated to keep with the times or That website isn't going to get a whole lot of traffic....
    In short dcemu very badly needs to be modernized and updated...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information