Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.03OE-A2 Released! - Custom Firmware Released

1st NO, update to 3.03 OE-A not 3.03 OE-A'......2nd Yes you can simply run any homebrew you want

DCEmu Rookie

Yes, and Yes.

It runs all 1.5 homebrew AND every UMD I own that I've thrown at it work as well.

Plus, you get a playstation emulator.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by juggaleaux View Post
    that's a pretty safe bet, since 3.04 OE would be based OFF of Sony's official 3.04.

Psst. I think he was being sarcastic. :rofl:

DCEmu Newbie

Here's my dilemma & I've posted it before and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm currently running 3.02oe-a & location free tv was cut out of it & I have the base station & was using it a good bit on my psp. Is there anyway I can get the use back of the location free? BTW I'm a TA-82'er. I tried to use devhook on my 3.02oe-a (hoping emulating 2.71 would give me this feature back) but after following the readme instructions it still won't work. Every time I run it....it just tells me to reboot and the screen goes black. I did reboot & ran it again like the readme said but It just kept saying to reboot. Anyone have any suggestions?? It would be nice if Dark Alex would give us the option (on the next custom firmware) to opt out other functions such as PS3 connection or something else.

Does this fix any of the problems with the PSX emulation, such as the Resident Evil 2 problem (can't bypass the police station)? Is this problem ever going to be fixed?
    well to get pass all my crashes...........i use cw cheat to save my savegames to my memory stik to play them on my computer go pass the crashes then save on computer "remember to rename exactly to how cw saved it as" and reload them on my psp using cwcheat!!!!! heres the ready made psx emulator for the computer, sorry but u have to get the psx bios ur self, try google rename the bios to (SCPH1001.BIN) jus open cd image and ur gud!!! :thumbup:

To use cw cheat........extract and copy the seplugins folder to ur psp go to recovery mode->configuration->advance configuration and enable plain module in umd/isos then back up to the main menu and go to plugins folder and enable cw cheat........dont mind tha "disable" that comes after, its a glitch!!!
    In the psx game hold select to open the menu----go to the memorycard option, u can take it form dere....it will save the savegame from the psp in .mcr format, that the pc emulator can use YEY!! enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by kieso View Post
    Here's my dilemma & I've posted it before and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm currently running 3.02oe-a & location free tv was cut out of it & I have the base station & was using it a good bit on my psp. Is there anyway I can get the use back of the location free? BTW I'm a TA-82'er. I tried to use devhook on my 3.02oe-a (hoping emulating 2.71 would give me this feature back) but after following the readme instructions it still won't work. Every time I run it....it just tells me to reboot and the screen goes black. I did reboot & ran it again like the readme said but It just kept saying to reboot. Anyone have any suggestions?? It would be nice if Dark Alex would give us the option (on the next custom firmware) to opt out other functions such as PS3 connection or something else.
    Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't you get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated to free up some space then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the custom firmware.

Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the firmware.
    AAAAAHHHHHMMMM!!!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!! U wont have enough space......jus messing cus. firmware up and killing the psp (BRICKED)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by baracki96 View Post
    Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't you get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated to free up some space then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the custom firmware.
    I know he took that out to free up flash memory space. I was stuck at 2.8(ta-82) for 6 months so I'm new to this and would need detailed instructions on how to do this. I would love to take out the PS3 connectivity or even the web browser as i find the web browser useless as alot of pages won't load up because the stupid cache is psp memory instead of using the memory stick for cache...ergo....out of memory error.

I know he took that out to free up flash memory space. I was stuck at 2.8(ta-82) for 6 months so I'm new to this and would need detailed instructions on how to do this. I would love to take out the PS3 connectivity or even the web browser as i find the web browser useless as alot of pages won't load up because the stupid cache is psp memory instead of using the memory stick for cache...ergo....out of memory error.
    Ucan simply.......uuuummmm use no cache, u wont get that error anymore, works for me

Quote Originally Posted by kieso View Post
    Hmm, Seriously read EVERY WORD in this guide as your mesin with the flash AKA minefield; http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about61385.html After a while you learn what to and not to do and what everything means ( I've never semibricked my psp, only temporarily mis-deleated stuff that I later replaced) DUMP YOUR FIRMWARE before you do a thing though.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information