Heres the latest news from the PSN Team:
Get comfy everyone as we’ve got plenty of reading for you to catch up on this week. As you’re likely aware, it was the annual gamescom show in Cologne, Germany this week, and the news flew thick and fast.
As well as a fistful of new game announcements – Media Molecule’s Tearaway, lunatic platformer Puppeteer and teen horror Move romp Until Dawn among them – there was also news on our expanding PlayStation Plus service, as well as word on a new Vita firmware update. And then on top of all that, we’ve had previews of a number of upcoming third party titles for you – including Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified and Assassin Creed III: Liberation. See the full list below.
It’s also worth mentioning that delightful Vita/PS3 rhythm platformer Sound Shapes finally went on sale this week. See Wednesday’s post from developer Quesy Games for more, and then head on over to the Weekend Debate to try and win yourself a copy.
- New PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Release Date – The goal is to deliver a fun, well balanced and compelling gameplay experience that pays homage to all of these incredible characters.
- John Cleese Is Your Smart As… Narrator! – A social brain-training experience that will put your brain to the test in 20 tactile puzzle games and location based challenges.
- Summer Sale – Week 3 Deals! – The third week of the Summer Sale saw a big change in the content on offer, with some content requested by the PSN community added in.
- PlayStation Home: gamescom 2012 – To celebrate the launch of Conor Maynard’s new album on Music Unlimited, we brought you a collection of rewards for both him and her available from Home Square!
- Hitman: Absolution – Contracts Mode – Kill everyone with a particular weapon. Don’t get spotted by anyone. Only wear the chicken outfit. Kill that waiter in the bar at the Meat King’s party…
- Sony at Gamescom 2012 – Live Stream – We streamed the whole gamescom press conference show right here on the PlayStation Blog.
- Raising The Curtain On PlayStation 3 Adventure Puppeteer – This new PS3 platformer takes place in a magical puppet theatre, owned and run by the eccentric but charming Professor Gregorious T. Oswald.
- Until Dawn Revealed For PlayStation 3 – To give you a sneak peek at what’s in store, check out the announcement trailer.
- PlayStation All-Stars Gamescom Reveal: Dante, Sackboy, Spike, Ratchet And Clank – Time for some highly anticipated Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale reveals!
- Media Molecule Presents Tearaway – Kind of like a buddy movie. It stars iota, a messenger from a paper dimension whose envelope head contains an urgent message to deliver… to you!
- Are You Ready For The God Of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta? – More talk about the ambitious multiplayer mode and the multiplayer experience.
- PSone Classics Coming To PS Vita Via The Latest System Software Update (v1.80) – Next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) is coming your way late August!
- See The First Trailer For Call Of Duty: Black Ops Declassified On PS Vita – The first look at Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified debuted at the Sony press conference, and now it’s on your internets. Look!
- Killzone: Mercenary Sets Its Sights On PS Vita – A first-person shooter that makes full use of the device’s graphical and input capabilities.
- Sony At Gamescom 2012 – All The Announcements – A full round-up of Sony’s Gamescom press conference.
- Legendary RPG Alundra Ventures Into PlayStation Store PS One Classics – Alundra is a game about dreams, control, loss, and redemption.
- Sound Shapes Arrives In Europe! – Yes, Sound Shapes is launching in Europe (oh, and Australia and New Zealand – can’t forget them)!
- ‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 15 August 2012 – Sounds Shapes and Papo & Yo headed up a strong week on the Store.
- Remember Me Sticks In The Mind At Gamescom 2012 – Prepare to be swept into the future world of Neo-Paris where memories are bought and sold.
- Assassin’s Creed III And Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation Sneak Into The Limelight At Gamescom – Let’s get into what you saw in the new trailer, because there are a ton of little gameplay nuggets hidden inside it!
- Gamescom 2012 – The Monsters And Magic Of Soul Sacrifice – In the world of Soul Sacrifice, monsters are what have become of humans who succumbed to darkness, using magic according to their desire.
- Ratchet & Clank: QForce Unzips PS Vita Support And Competitive Mode – The dynamic duo’s latest adventure, Ratchet & Clank: QForce, is coming to both PS3 and PS Vita!
- The Last Of Us: Cinematic Process – In order to make everything Bruce and Neil discuss in the video a reality, the performances of Troy, Ashley, and every actor involved play a crucial role.
- Rain Forecast For PlayStation Network – A dark fairytale focussing on two invisible young protagonists, coming soon to PlayStation Network.
- PS Vita/PS3 Cross-play Brings New Features To Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time – And say hello to a new Cooper ancestor, Salim Al Kupar.
- ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Gamescom Update – 16th August 2012 – It’s Gamescom week and PlayStation Plus is out in force!
- Gamescom 2012 – Day One! PlayStation Access TV – Tearaway was just one brilliant part of an epic first day at gamescom for the Access TV crew!
- LittleBigPlanet At Gamescom 2012 – To celebrate the occasion, we have just a few treats to give you!
- Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified For PS Vita – Gamescom Hands-on – All multiplayer modes are here, rendered on PS Vita’s luscious OLED screen and playable with dual analog sticks in a mobile setting for the first time.
- Assassin’s Creed III: Naval Warfare Hands-On – The shadow war between the Templars and the Assassins spills from the gilded halls of Renaissance-era Europe to the rowdy seaports of the Thirteen Colonies this fall.
- Hands-on At Gamescom: Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch – Despite the cutesy visuals, this is a real challenging game!
- Weekend Debate: Your Highlight Of Gamescom 2012 – What was your highlight of Gamescom 2012, and why?
- Hands On At Gamescom: Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation For PS Vita – Liberation takes full advantage of the new Assassin’s Creed III game engine and its simplified control scheme.
- Weekend Essentials 139 – Make Hong Kong your virtual playground on PS3 this weekend and catch up on all the news from Europe’s biggest video game show.
- Seven new PS3 games everybody can play – Discover the PlayStation 3 titles that gamers of all abilities can enjoy.
- New for PS Vita at gamescom 2012 – Find out which PlayStation Vita games gave us goose bumps of excitement at gamescom 2012.
- PlayStation stars come out to play – Three familiar heroes return to impress at gamescom 2012.
- DanceStar Party Hits – the track list in full – Find out which great tunes you’ll be rocking out to when DanceStar Party Hits lands on PS3.
- Experience a world of imagination with gamescom 2012 – Discover how gamescom 2012 got off to a rocking start with a sensational line-up of games for PS3 and PS Vita.
- Great games coming to PlayStation Mobile – Get a taste of the fun-packed games you’ll soon be able to download to PlayStation Certified devices and PS Vita from PlayStation Store.
- 10 of the Best: PS one Classics – With PS one Classics coming soon to PS Vita, check out some of the finest games already available to download to PS3 and PSP from PlayStation Store.
- PlayStation Plus goes big at gamescom 2012 – Play more and pay less – even more great value has been added to the bargain-rich PlayStation Plus service.
- We put Square Enix’s slick open world surprise to the test in our Sleeping Dogs PS3 review.
- Death comes up trumps in our Darksiders 2 PS3 review.
- We discover how The Last Of Us is redefining videogame morality and unveil new Last Of Us screens from Gamescom 2012.
- We get to grips with Agent 47′s online multiplayer in our Hitman Absolution Contracts hands-on.
- Exciting news from Shuhei Yoshida: Gran Turismo 6 is coming soon, says the Sony boss.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)